The Priestesses

Girls with pure soul and body belonging to the Sauna human tribe had the ability to foresee the future and protect were wolves from all dark evils and other supernatural phenomenon. These tribes lived somewhere unknown in the Himalayan mountain ranges. The virgin girls from these tribes were a prized commodity among the wolf packs and were hunted down for the past few centuries. Their tribes were dwindling in numbers and to keep their blood lines going they had trained their kin well in the art of fighting. They also knew evasive tactics in order to keep themselves safe and hidden from the werewolves. 

Therefore priestesses were very rare these days. Only 15 were known to exist. About ten were old ladies and five were maidens one each with silver, dark-moon, red-moon, iron-claw and raven-black packs. 

She belonged to red moon pack. Her name was Kara. She was the latest victim of werewolves. In order to obtain her, human mercenaries slaughtered her whole tribe. Red moon pack was the highest bidder of her body and soul. They had kept her in a tower during her captivity of 12 months. Her care taker was an old wolf lady named Arabella. Arab was like a mother to her. Every thursday she was allowed to leave her tower and was brought by arab to the pack territory. She would listen to their prayers in an enclosed chamber. No body had ever seen her but it was her aroma that told them of her status. She could smell their lust for her but she knew that they would never touch her not until then, "the lover games". 

The games were a novel invention of the corrupt wolf council. The objective was to sustain the blood line of priestesses. During the past five decades 23 such events had been arranged. The outcome was bizarre. About twelve women died and 11 were impregnated, by many. Only four produced viable offsprings but all male. She had promised herself that she would fight for her honour. 

Arab had told her that there was a time when priestesses were honoured and were send by the sauna tribe themselves but then some wolves became greedy. They wanted more power therefore they started forcing the sauna tribes to send more and more girls which was unacceptable for the tribes. "The lover games" made the sauna tribes to cut all ties and treaties with the wolves. It was the advent of persecution of sauna tribes and power struggle between the various packs.    

Now she was a part of it all. She had only two months to escape "the lover games."