12.

Posted: August. 3, 2016

Why not do a double update? I, waiting for the season finale of The Challenge anyways so I have nothing to do. I decided to smash two chapters into one, so I hope it shows in length😁

12. Austin.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The woman at AT&T asks me, from behind the desk, a bright smile on her face.

"I was wondering if there was any way to get a voicemail back, it was deleted accidentally and it was very important" I say.

"Was it deleted more than 24 hours ago?" She asks, and I shake my head "Okay, then it shouldn't be a problem, may I see your phone?" She asks "Unlocked please" She adds, and I type in my password before I hand it to her and she plugs it into the computer "Would you like all of them, or just one in particular?" She asks.

"All of them would be nice" I smile and she nods, clicking away at her computer. She unplugs it and hands it to me.

"They should all be there if you'd like to check" She says, turning her attention to her computer while I look for my voicemails seeing they're all there, even one from Rowan.

"Yes, they're all there" I say "What do I owe you?" I ask, but she shakes her head.

"Don't worry, we don't charge for these things"

"Thank you" I say and she smiles.

"You're welcome. Have a good day"

"You too" I walk out of the car and towards my own, getting into the front seat and opening my phone app, listening to Rowan's voicemail.

"Hi" She sighs "I don't know what to do anymore, before you came back it was easy. I didn't have to worry about anything. It was like you didn't exist anymore. But now that you're back everything confuses me" Her voice cracks slightly, then she clears her throat "I don't want to feel this way, but I missed it. I miss seeing you everyday, I miss waking up beside you, I miss you telling me you love me. I miss it all" She cries softly into the phone, and my heartbeat quickens.

"And why I'm calling right now, when I'm on vacation with my own husband is beyond me, especially when I'm more than sober. But here I am, telling you how much I miss you. I've never stopped loving you Austin, and I don't know whether that's a good thing or bad thing" The line cuts off and I sigh, clutching my phone tightly into my hand, my eyes shut tightly.

I need to fix this. I have to, there's no way that I can't. I drive to work and take the elevator up to my floor, walking straight up to McKenna, she looks up at me and smiles innocently "I need to speak with you" I say, wondering why I even rehired her in the first place. I walk into my office and sit down at my desk and she follows behind me.

"Yes?" She asks, batting her eyelashes.

"I want you to pack your things, and leave. You're fired" I say and her jaw drops.

"What? Why?"

"Invasion of my privacy"

"What? When?" She scoffs.

"You went through my phone last night, you deleted my voicemails, which included work related ones and you attempted to send a very rude text message to Rowan, therefore that was an invasion of my privacy and I want you gone" I shrug, and with her jaw basically on the floor she stands up and leaves my office.

I sigh and lean back against my chair, staring at the door. I sit up quickly and pick up my phone, dialing Rowan's number and putting it on speaker. It rings and rings until finally she picks up "Hello?"