•73•

•73•

This was definitely a déjà vu moment for me. I was racing through this hospital hallway yet again because something tragic happened to someone I cared about. Another ten pounds of stress to add to my shoulder. "Lana!" I turned my head and rushed over to Aaron and Aunt Rita. "Where's daddy?" I asked. "He's in the room, he's really messed up Lana." I sighed then turned to Aunt Rita. She looked so concerned for her brother. I know the type of relationship they have is something that can be described as an unbreakable one.

"You okay Auntie?" she sighed heavily. "I have to use the bathroom, I'll be right back." she looked so defeated as she walked away. Aaron saw what I saw and looked really upset too. "Where's Mike and Sean?"

"I just got off the phone with Sean, Mike wasn't answering, but Sean knows where he is so they should be on there way by now." I nodded then a doctor approached us. "You're Mr. Cardenas' family, correct?" the both of us said yes. "Okay, we can most definitely help your father, but he has lost an significant amount of blood." Aaron and I looked at each other. "If we could just get some from a family member, it's usually best when given by the children." Aaron sighed loudly then covered his face with his hands.

Ever since we were younger he's hated needles. I rolled my eyes. "I'll do it." I volunteered. The doctor nodded. Aaron hugged me. "Thank you." he whispered in my ear. I pushed him away then followed the doctor to another room. He's such a big baby. "Thank you so much Ms..."

"Alana, just call me Alana, I'm his daughter." he nodded. "Okay, the nurse should be in here in another minuet, have a seat." I walked over to the chair and sat down. He walked out, I'm guessing to find a nurse to take my blood. I took a deep breath then closed my eyes. Why is everything terrible happening to me now? Why couldn't this shit have been over with a year ago or something so I wouldn't have to deal with it. Or maybe it could've happen twenty years from now...I don't really care! Just, why now!?

Shortly the nurse came in with her tools in order to take my blood for my dad. She pulled up a seat in front of me and hooked a cable to a bag and a needle to a cable. The bag was pretty large in size which kind of made me question if I was ready for this. She tied a band around my arm then pushed down on my vein with her two fingers. I was scared whenever I saw a needle, but I knew that if Aaron was here the situation would be ten times over the top.

She put on her gloves then rubbed the alcohol pad on the spot she planned on sticking me. I shut my eyes tightly then let her do her job. Before I knew it, the small needle was drawing blood from my arm and into the bag. "I'll be back in a moment, I'm going to get you something to drink." I nodded then watched the entire progress of my blood leaving my body. She came back in with a cup of water then placed it on the table besides us. After I was done she took the needle out and bandaged me up. "You can go back out with your family, I'll get this to your father asap." she assured me. I nodded.

I walked back out to where Aaron was and saw him talking to Sean and Mike. "Where were you?" Mike asked once I approached the three of them. "Giving blood to daddy, where were you?" I asked while crossing my arms over my chest. He shrugged then chuckled. "Never mind that, I'm here now." I rolled my eyes. Mike has always been an ass, but I love him.

"Why didn't you do it?" Sean asked Aaron with a smirk on his face. Aaron blushed a little from embarrassment then looked away. "Don't start man." Aaron whined in a low tone.

Sean and Mike laughed at Aaron while he stood there looking upset. "Where's my Aunt?" he asked. "I'm right here babies." Aunt Rita came from out of nowhere and hugged both my brothers who just arrived. "You alright Auntie?" Mike asked while wiping a tear away from her face. "Dad's going to be alright." he assured her. She smiled then nodded. Mike has always been close to Aunt Rita, I think sometimes he forgets that he's just a nephew.. not the son.

"You're right." she said then took a deep breath. "I have to calm myself."

She turned to me then looked down and noticed my arm. "What happened to you Lana?" she asked. I shrugged. "Oh nothing," I replied nonchalantly because I knew she was referring to the bandage placed where I had just gotten my needle. "The doctor needed blood for daddy so I volunteered." she looked surprised and concerned. "You alright Aunt Rita?" Aaron asked. "No! Why didn't you do it?!" she asked in a panic tone then smacked Aaron upside the head. Mike, Sean, and I all chuckled to ourselves. "Ouch, I'm scared! I'm sorry!" he argued.

Aunt Rita sighed heavily then turned to me. "Why didn't you come and get me?!" she asked in that same panicked tone. "The doctor said its best from a child, and plus you were in the bathroom, they needed the blood asap." she shook her head over and over again. "Aunt Rita, what's wrong?" Sean put his hand on her shoulder. She started whispering to herself. Unfortunately she was whispering in Spanish so none of us could translate. Then the doctor came back. "Um Alana, is it?" he asked. I nodded. "Could I have a moment?"

I nodded again then we walked away from the group. I looked back at Aunt Rita and saw that she looked like she was about to pass out. I turned my head back to the doctor once he had brought me to a spot far enough from my family. "Um, I just wanted to come over here and confirm the relationship between you and Mr. Cardenas." I was confused. "He's my dad, that's all."

The doctor sighed then shook his head. "That's funny, because in order for him to me your father the blood you gave should be responding well with him..his body is rejecting it."

"Huh? What does that mean?"

"That means that there is no possible way Mr. Cardenas could be your biological father."
-
😳😳 wow...thoughts? Comments/Votes for next chapter.