•51•

•51•

"Ms. Alana, can you buff this table one more time." asked Mr. Harry. "I still see spots." I put on a fake smile and nodded. "Of course sir."

At first I didn't have a problem with Jacob's dad, but now I was starting to get irritated. He was a complete clean freak and he always had me on my feet as if this place was storming with people. It had been empty since this afternoon and it was going to remain empty all through the night. Crystal had called out because of her date and I was happy for her of course, but the girl they called in to replace her made work even harder for me. Stacey was grown, but acted like a fifteen year old. All she did was sit on a stool and text whoever the hell she was talking to.

You would think Mr. Harry would say something about it, but nope. He just pretends to not see her. He's probably screwing her. Wouldn't put it past either of them. Stacey's young and naïve. And Mr. Harry is rich and single. Makes sense they'd be creeping around together. But I probably shouldn't pass judgment on them without having any actual proof.

I finished wiping the table then turned to Mr. Harry. "Is that all sir?" I asked. He stepped up and examined the booth. He wiped his finger across it. "Spotless, exactly how I like it." I let out a sigh of relief. "Good, I'll just be in the back for a moment." he nodded. I went to the kitchen and walked in on Jonah talking on the phone.

"Nope, I'm here all night..alright well I'll just tell you tomorrow." he said his goodbyes then hung up the phone. "Who was that?" I asked him. He smirked at me. "None of your business, nosey ass." I giggled then shrugged. "Well excuse me for wanting to know who my friend was having late night conversations with over the phone." he rolled his eyes. "Late night conversations? Bye Alana." we both laughed. "Okay, I'm just playing, but tell me." he sighed then began to blush. "If you must know, it's this girl I've been talking to for a couple weeks now," he explained. "Her name is Roxanne."

"Roxanne? She sounds pretty." he nodded.

"She's stunning." I smiled. "Aw Jonah! First I meet Odell, then Crystal and Sean get their shit together, now you just meeting your soulmate!" he rolled his eyes. "Nobody met their soulmate, calm down woman." I giggled then stopped once I heard my cell phone ring. I pulled it out of my apron and saw that Odell was calling me. "Oh look, your soul mate is calling you." Jonah teased. I smirked the playfully pushed him. I answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Alana? You home?" Odell asked in a frantic sounding tone. "No I'm at work, you okay babe?" I heard him sigh. "Yea..yea I'm good. I just can't find my pills anymore." he explained. "I think I might of left them over there." I rolled my eyes. "Oh I'm sorry bae, maybe you should ice your shoulder or something in the meanwhile." I suggested. "I'll try that, but I really need my pills..actually I think I have another bottle around here somewhere." he replied. "Wait, how many bottles do you have Odell?" I asked.

"Not too many Lana, I'll call you later."

"Ok-" the phone line cut before I could even say goodbye to him. This worried me, but I'm happy that I got to his doctors before he went asking for more.
~
"How was it?" I asked Crystal referring to her date. She smiled. "It was fantastic, first we ate dinner, then he took me back to his place for a movie and we basically just had fun the entire night." I cheered. "Aww Crystal! That's so sweet! So what does that mean for you guys now?" she shrugged. "We both know how we feel about each other so now there's honestly no rush for us to jump into a relationship." I nodded. "I get it, take your time, but I'm really happy that y'all settle that little argument and now you guys can move forward." she blushed.

"I am too, have you spoken to Odell lately?" I sighed then nodded. "Yea, we talked."

"You don't sound too happy about that." I shrugged. "I don't really know if I should be telling you this." she smirked at me. "You tell me everything, what's wrong?" asked a concerned Crystal. "Okay..I think Odell is addicted to hydrocodone." Crystal's eyes shot open and she gasped. "Are you sure Alana? That's a pretty serious thing to just assume." she said.

I nodded, "I know and I wouldn't  have said anything if I thought he was using them carefully, but Crystal he supposedly takes them for his shoulder," I explained. "But he takes four at a time."

"Maybe his shoulder is really messed up." she argued. "That's what I thought at first, but I went through his bag and found the address and names to seven different doctors, they've all been giving him the same prescription." she sighed then shook her head. "That's really sad Lana."

"I know, and I can't help but to think it's my fault."

"Why would you feel like it's your fault?" she asked. "Because, I wasn't there to help or watch him and make sure he was doing the right thing. I was too busy being upset over dumb shit that happened before I was even introduced to the picture." she shook her head. "Lana, Odell is a grown ass man and you're not his mom. You don't have to watch him while he's taking medication. He can do that himself so don't beat yourself up over this." I smiled a little. I guess Crystal was right. Odell could take care of himself or at least he should be able to. But I still can't help, but feel somewhat guilty.

I think if I could help him in one way then maybe things would be a little better. And I know just how to do so.
-
What do you think Alana's going to do? 😳 And do you think she should feel any responsible for Odell's problem?🤔