Chapter XIV

Tuesdayy passed roughly in the same manner that monday had. I was worried about Rebecca since the little meet that i had with her "boyfriend" i really don't know if i can call him that way.
She doesn't talk to anyone since i got here and leaves the house very early.
Maybe she has any kind of problem with herself , i don't know, maybe she needs help. It won't be easy, but i was 97% positive that i'd be able to do it.
In all honestly, i was a little scared of Rebeca, but i had to reason with myself that i'd face worse before and that this should be no problem at all.

I was lying. Of course! but i figured it wouldn't hurt to try and believe it anyway.

The house was empty and i needed a shower so bad. I need to go out and look for a job, do i think i need to be as presenteble as possible.

I went to my room, and when i enter i saw a girl standing in my bed.

She must be that girl, that is going to study too.
But how did she enter in this house? Maybe Marina give her the key or something

"Hello?"- I ask. The girl had pretty much my age. Her hair is dark and she has a very white skin like snow white! She looks nice. Hope so because i don't want to discut with somoene else. Since i got here I didn't do anything.

"Hi"

"You must be the new girl"

She didn't answer.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes."

I never know what to do in situations like this. Is so akward.And finally she talked.

"Sorry! Yes.. I'm Mafalda, but you can call me Maf if you want."

"Mmh interesting" I mumble.

She nods and runs a hand through her dark hair.

"What's interesting?" She asks with a confunsing face.

I quickly uunderstood that people aren't able to read each ones thoughs.

"Your accent... I'm trying to figure it out where it's from"

She laugh and give me a hint.

"I belong to Europe"

Oh now we're playing girl!

"Hmm spain?" She rolled her eyes and shaked her head.

"I was going to say Italy but i'm not so sure" I hate giving up. I'm not really that type of girl.

After a time that looked pretty much like hours of being cooped up in my room with these map of Europe in front of me, i finally discovered where Maf was from. She's Portuguese! I mean.. she's from Portugal a very small country right in the conner of the map.

The day passed quickly and i arrived home a mess because i couldn't find a job. I don't have university, i don't have a job, i don't know how will i pay for this appartment..
That was really depressing. And I really didn't like depressing things.

I was about ready to fall asleep once i had opened the door, but Marine was already making dinner for tonight and it was really bad for her to do this alone.

I noticed my phone vibrated loudly in my pocket and i smiled when i looked at the smallscreen.
"Alfieee!"

"How's my little doll?" I rolled my eyes as i heard what he said. He insists to treat me like that!

"Not so good..."

"I know you miss me a lot, but we saw each other last week"

My boyfriend scoffed over the line and i could tell how was the

the big smile he was doing.

" Ya I miss you! But it's not about it right now! My plans are not going so well... i can't find a job, and there's still some problems with my candidacture to the university." I liked to talk with Alfie, in a certain way i think he understood me.

"You gotta calm down! It's just the first week and there's still some left till the classes begin, so go have fun..." He breaks

"What?" I hate that silence.

" I realize that i can't say this" He's shamed.

"This, What?"

"Go have fun... Because..."

"Okay okay.. you know what? I think it's better for both of us if you don't say anything else." I yell.

" I think it's better too, sorry Haz..."

"It's okay.... So.. i gotta go, i have to help Marina making dinner"

The phone call quickly ended up.

I let myself out of the bedroom and made my way down to the living room. I was so tired that i couldn't even apreciate the delicious smell in the air. Marina knows exacly how to cook a really good dinner.

"Hey Hazel!" Maf greet me. "How was your day? Do you get a job?" Maf is really sweet and i was really happy to finally meet her. She got a job quickly at the vet clinic before she came to the appartmant. I didn't know about her paixon for animals. So cute.

Marina smiles at me and told everyone to sit around the table, because the dinner was already made. One of my qualities that i'm proud of is my abilitation to used and covered myself. I mean if iwas in my house, my parents don't allowed me to touch in a plate, and the food was always the gourmet, you know, that fancy food it was so good to finally feel like in my home.