Chapter IX

"Where are we going now?"Alfie asked me. He is calm now.

"What do you mean?! WE ARE IN LONDON!"Okay i'm too excited.

"Yes we are!" I knew Alfie was taking the best of me but i didn't care at all about it, i just wanna have fun, because, i'm here. I'm literally living the dream.

I already have all planed. First we caught the train. I actully never been in a train before, because in America we don't use it at all, just in big cities, which is not my case, or where i live so... here, is very tipic.

The underground is huge! Everyone seems to know, their destiny and where they want to go, and is so organisated, although the quantitety of people here.

The train was big too. The sits were in line next to the huge windows.

Summer here is different than America. Here, the air is so more fresh and there's always a breeze, even when the temperature starts to high.

In America i actually hate it, because, every single day is bloody hell hot , and sometimes is so hot, that is hard to do something. We just want to be inside of a cold iced water.

Right now we are going to Manchester. The university contacted me two days ago, because they wanted to talk with me, and helped me finding a chip apartmant. They were so nice to me, i still can't believe that i enter!

My eyes opened in the moment that i saw Manchester university. I still not sure if this is a dream or reallity.

"C'mon, what are you waiting for?"Alfie started to walk into the principal entrace.

This is huge! I never saw such a beautifull and well design construction. Every connor is so amazing to watch! I can't believe i will be here studing, and hopefully one day i will be able to tell so many great and important stories that i passed here! Oh my god.

Alfie's gonne again.
Why am i lose him all the time? I decided to enter.

That's it! It's right here that my journey begins.

"Sorry? Can i help you?" A woman, with a middle age asked me.

She's a teacher i guess. She's holding some old books, and a little pen in the other hand.

I was paralizzed.

"Yes, please. We were looking for the principal office?" - Alfie, showed up.

"I see. Follow me, please."

The old lady seems nice but a little arrogant too, because she looked us in the eyes.
She tooks us to the principal.

"I'm so nervous." I said.

Alfie looked at me and kissed my cold hands.

"You're gonna be fine. Don't worry."

I needed to do this alone. So i asked Alfie to wait outside.
The office looks like a library.
Ever since i left America i couldn't stop thinking how would this be, like a hole of memories and tears and intelligence.

Before i walk close to the director, i have to wait a few minutes.
In the middle of the room there were a woman, that asked me my name.

"Hazel Clark"I answered.

The woman with a black skirt, came back to her secretary, and started to search for something, apparently related with me.

" Are you sure, you're supposted to be here today? The woman asked me.

What did she mean?

"-Hmm yes, i mean... you sent me an email two days ago."- I said.

"Sorry, you're name is not here."- she said.

What?

"No, this is impossible! My name has to be in that papper, i was accepeted here." I tried to look as calm as possible.

"I'm sorry.

I don't want to hear those words, please, it has to be a mistake.

" Do you mind to check again? Please?"

My hands started to shake.

The woman turned to look for my name in the papers again, but without sucess.

"I'm really sorry.You have to try next year."

The woman stood right where she was. She seems very nice and likable, but right now i just needed her to say that my name is on that list.

This can't be real. I tried to wake me up , but it wasn't work.
I found myself holding my tears, with all my energy. I was tired. I didn't sleep all night, just thinking about this, and now seems that it's over without even begin.

What am i going to do now?