"What time is it?" I asked against him, closing my eyes again and resting my entire self there.  Maybe going back to sleep wouldn't be so bad....

I felt his body shift slightly a moment later and I knew he moved up and craned his neck to look at my clock that was behind him on the bedside table.  "It's 9:27."  Luke moved back and rested back against me where he was before. 

I groaned.  "Oh boy," I said sarcastically. 

"I know," he whispered.  "Unfortunately, this can't be another Friday morning for us.  We have shit to do."

I sighed.  Waking up Friday, the day after that tense dinner with Clare the first time I saw her after the hospital, was amazing.  And it wasn't just because it was with Luke beside me.  Clare had been gone, working, and me and him were home, off from work and from school since I was still getting over what happened  (I was fine but Luke thought a break was necessary after what happened).  So we both stayed home.  And... it was one of the more relaxing, laid back days, I remembered.  We woke up together and didn't do anything.  Nothing.  It was perfect.  We laid there, talked.... Then when we were both fully up without much of a push, we had breakfast, watched TV, talked... did nothing.  It felt like such a relief for once. 

Saturday was a different story.  Clare was home, and things weren't resolved between her and Luke.  I didn't know where I stood on if she was buying it.  Luke played tough like he should have, showing he had no reason to worry about her feelings.  To hopefully break her down more so she cries and begs for forgiveness.  We saw her crack, show her loyalty... but not to the extent that I was satisfied with.  Tense, tense day to say the least.  She left the house, did the shopping for once to get away.  That was probably the only up side for her wanting to be away. Because it wasn't helping our hope since we needed her to stay loyal to him for as long as she could. 

Now, today was Sunday.  And we knew today would be tense too.  Only shit was actually happening.  And you thank Francis for that.  Trust me, I wanted to give him a proper ass smacking, I wasn't in the mood to deal with people when all this tension is in the air.  I loved Luke's family.  But it wont be a great experience.  Not with Queen Bitch still showing how pissed she was at Luke.  Not to mention, since Luke's family knows Clare put me in that place, they wouldn't be too happy either.  Yes, Francis clearly didn't think this through.  We honestly wanted to call it off.  But we figured that maybe it would help Clare give in with his family around at dinner tonight.  Hope was all we could do.

"I would love to just stay here with you, honestly.  The world can go fuck itself up on its own," I moaned and felt his hand move slightly, dragging his nails slightly up and down my back.  After that, we just laid there some more, listening to the other's breath.  Silence around us, our thoughts wondered on our own.  That was until his were forced to the surface though words.

"Albany?" he whispered in question, breaking that line of nothing but silence.

"Hmm?" 

When he spoke, he leaned down more and whispered his words directly against my ear.  "You should go make me breakfast," he said in an amused voice.  He knew how I would react to his statement.

Looking up from against him and leaning back, I met his eyes in mine.  Teasing, I tried hiding my expression as best as I could.  Staring at him now as I was propping my head up on my arm, I narrowed my eyes at his smirking lips.  "You sure like starting fights with me, don't you?"

His smirk diminished, but only for a moment when I saw him slightly bite his bottom lip.  Searching my face, he said, with attitude even, "You bet."

Unable to not smile, I went with his playful goad for an argument.  "Looking for an ass beating, copper?  Huh?"

"From you... absolutely."