Chapter 2 - "So you just wanted me because I have boobs."

Lennon let out a loud laugh that was cut it short when no one join in.

"Lennon, think about it," Jordan said.

"Are you serious?"

It was a rhetorical question. The look on his face told her he was serious and everything seemed to fall into place.

"Miss Kayhill," Matt said.

"Please call me Lennon" she said, "and tell me you are joking."

"Lennon," Jordan said, his look conveying so much.

He was serious. He actually wanted her to consider the offer.

"Lennon, please let me give you more information before you jump to any decision," Matt said.

"This will be huge," Jordan said. "The last girl Kade dated went from a normal college student to writing a cookbook. Can you imagine what it could do for you?"

"We can work it out so it is extremely beneficial for you," Matt jumped in.

They were coming at her from both sides.

"You knew," Lennon said, turning her attention Jordan.

"Of course I knew," he said, all his defenses up. "I'm your manager and I have to do what's best for your career."

"You honestly don't think I can do it on my own?"

As the words left her mouth, she realized how much it hurt to say them. Was this honestly the only way Jordan thought she could make it? By riding the coattails of the lead singer of a boy band?

"That's not what I mean at all. You know I believe in you. You'll make it whether you agree to this or not. You would make it without me or anyone else. You have something money can't buy but people would pay millions for. You're charismatic and people are drawn to that. I just thought this could make the climb a little easier."

"And if I say no?" Lennon asked Matt.

"Unfortunately, we will have to find another opener."

"So, you just wanted me because I have boobs and what, you thought I would look good on the front of the gossip magazines?"

"Lennon!" Jordan tried to warn her but she ignored him.

She stared down Matt, demanding an answer.

"I wasn't lying when I said I like your image," he said. "Its an image the label wants Kade connected with. I thought I saw an opportunity for a "win win" situation for everybody but if you don't want it then I will have to find another solution."

Lennon was quiet, her mind racing. Somehow the logical side made an appearance before she said something you would regret.

"Can I have some time to think about it?" she asked.

"Of course," Matt said.

********

The next morning, Kevin greeted them in the lobby and showed them to Matt's office.

"Lennon, thank you so much for coming again," Matt said, eagerly moving out from behind his desk to shake her hand.

"Please sit," he said.

He exchanged quick greetings with Jordan and then they both joined Lennon.

"Would you like any food? Coffee?" he offered.

"No, thank you," Lennon politely declined. "I'd like to get straight to business."

"Sounds good. Would you like to start?"