Chapter 17-Nothing's Gonna stop us now

Lizzie knew that she had to do something. She had to see Izrak again No matter what the cost. She knew that it would be risky but what else did she have to lose?.

She walked past several Angels and Demons arguing amongst themselves. Lizzie realised that there was now bitterness amongst the ranks of both Angels and Demons. The Question was could this be fixed?.

The thing that scared Lizzie the most was that she didn't care anymore..She did not care about her job as an Angel. 

As she walked through the ranks and cracks on the ground that could barely support The Angels and Demons weight mainly because of their powers. They themselves wasn't using powers on each other but their powers are of course connected to their emotions. 

She knew that she had to do something before it's too late. The worst case scenario was'nt just the war but the effects all this power struggle between the two sides would have on the humans and she knew of course that this could kill the humans but if there was to be a war the humans would certainly be in harm's way either way. 

Lizzie felt like she had been walking for miles. During her Journey she fantasised about what it would be like if her and Izrak gave up their jobs as Angels and Demons..And instead became mortal with a little house and maybe children of their own.

She shook her head dizzly.  She knew that it was stupid of her to be thinking these thoughts and she knew that if this did happen then both sides would be baying for their blood and see this as a betrayal. 

But she felt like that had to be worth it. She decided if the other Angel's and Demons wanted to kill themselves then so be it. She just had to convince Izrak not to get involved in it all and to give them both the chance to give their relationship another go.

Eventually she managed to find him through the masses and the crowds. She overheard him talking strategies with the other Demons. She slowly but surely managed to get close enough to him so that they could talk.

"Izrak We need to talk..."

Izrak looked up at her with a sigh. "There's nothing to talk about unless of course it's about our jobs.."

She shook her head in reply. "No..I don't care about that..Izrak we could have a chance here if they want to kill themselves so be it..We just don't have to get involved."

He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her away from the crowds of Demons and Angel's so that the others couldn't hear them. "Are you Crazy?!..They will hear you!..If they find out about is we are screwed." 

She shrugged. "Maybe I want them to find out about us.."

He brushes her hair out of her fringe and remembers the good times that we had together. "All that's over with now..We have to focus on the mission."

She stamped her foot like a petulant child and slapped his hand as he brushes her hair out of the way a second time. "Fine..I don't wanna be with you either.. But there's something you should know Izrak."

He frowns. "Oh yeah?.. What is that then?."

She smiled in a way that a demon would. Something in her had changed and Izrak knew it and he did'nt like it one bit. 

She just said. "All you cared about was about the job and not me and that's all you focused on, You could'nt give me what I needed which was a relationship so with hindsight I'd say we both had a lucky escape because you're not Good enough for me."

He snorted as a parting shot before he turned around to leave. "Looks like we both have we want then.."