There was the truth. In fact, it’s been ages since he felt like this. To be emotionally and physically connected, to feel his heartbeat race whenever she smiles, and to be able to miss her while she’s away… All of this was just for one woman alone.

“So you’re telling me na dapat nag usap kami?”

“Yes. That’s how it works in ‘our average world’. And I know it sounds weird to someone like you, who last committed back in college!”

“Kahit di siya nag tanong?”

“Oo naman, dumbass! Jeez!”

“Cos I thought we we’re okay…”

“Teka nga, tell me, how far have you guys gone? I mean you know… may nangyari na ba?”

He closed his eyes for a sec and sighed.

“Yes.” But before Johan could even plaster that wide I-knew-it grin on his face, Alex stopped him. “Pero it’s not what you think, bro!”

“Really?” he narrowed his eyes on Alex.

“Really! You dirty minded asshole!” And Johan chuckled. “We just make out, if that’s what you wanna know…”

“Wow, bro!” Johan shook his head in disbelief. “The celibacy thing is just… I’m speechless! I just credit you for that, you’ve never been celibate this long!”

“Yeah, I should be a saint!” He’s never been this celibate for this long, let alone the fact the only wanted her and no one else. Yey, he thought to himself.

“I know, you’ve never been good with words when it comes to your feelings and all, but like I said, bro, you guys need to talk… yun lang naman problema mo…”

And how could he talk to her when they’ve been trying to stay clear off of each other the past few days? They weren’t talking, just casual answers but the things they’ve been doing for the past thirty days before that disappeared in thin air.

“She’s avoiding me…” he grumbled.

“Could you blame her?” Johan threw right back at him. “Eto ha, kayong dalawa ni Drei, you’ve been in that non-commitment phase… all fun and nothing serious, right?”

“True,” he agreed.

“And now that you’ve tried to make a move on her and told her that ‘I want us to give it a try’ speech, and… and… something happened to you guys again, what do you think was she expecting, bro?” Johan pointed out. “Inside her head, what you said meant alot of different things… are you guys going to play that game again? Are you guys going into a whole new different level? Ang dami niyan…”

And that’s when he got it. Drei needed the security. Drei needed him to be clear on what he meant.

“Even if Drei didn’t ask or you didn’t ask, one of you should at least clarify how you guys want this…” Johan paused, as if he was searching his brain for the right word. “This thing or whatever you guys are trying to be, you know what I’m saying?” Alex nodded. “At one point, you need to know where you guys stand… and you,” he pointed at Alex using his beer bottle. “Need to tell her where this is all going! Especially that you guys are together most of the time… and living in one house!”

“So okay, I’ll talk to her…” he sighed.

“You should!” then Johan paused and eyed him curiously. And then he gave him a smug smile. “You’re falling for her aren’t you?” Alex was suddenly silent. “I knew this would happen!” he banged the table. “I knew it!” he laughed.