V.I.P.

LAUREN

"Hello?"

"Hi, Lauren! Guess what?"

I beamed at his voice at the other end of the line, and stuffed my laptop into my  backpack. The professor erased the whiteboard that hung in front of the room.

"Uh, a woman in a pineapple costume is walking across the street and you see her from your hotel window."

"No."

"You found a cupcake place that considers another cupcake on your original cupcake a topping option."

"No, but that isn't a bad idea."

"You got us reservations for dinner at an Italian restaurant on Broadway."

"No, but now I'm hungry."

"Alright, well I'm out of guesses."

"I got you and Alyssa VIP tickets and backstage passes to our concert tonight!" He announced. My jaw dropped.

"Are you serious?"

"Yup! And so you get to sit in the VIP section, and wear badges and see us backstage and you get free merch and-"

"Oh my gosh. You are literally my favorite person on the planet."

"I know, I'm awesome. A town car's going to pick you up at six and take you straight to the concert. They'll give you the passes while you are going there."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you!"

"I know, and you're welcome," I could feel him smiling on the other end of the line. He hung up and I stuffed my phone into my bag, dashing off to my dorm to tell Alyssa the news.

<====><====>

The mosh pit roared with anticipation, their glow in the dark bracelets and necklaces illuminating. The lights were dark, and the sky above from the open stadium shone with the orange glow of the city light pollution. The noise was already deafening, but luckily Alyssa had been smart enough to bring ear plugs. The orange bits of foam saved our hearing. 

Everyone waited for the lights to dim and the band to come out. The opener had come and gone, and so had the second opener. Finally, the lights for the stage lit up blue and sound effects busted out of the speakers. Fog began climbing its way over equipment, and a voice boomed loudly over everyone else's.

"Ladies and gentlemen, give it up, for Lightning Avenue!"

The crowd went bonkers. They screamed their voices dry, jumping up and down with adrenaline. Bass flooded into our ears. I cheered too, jumping along with the beat and rest of the fans. Except I wasn't just another fan. I was special.

The thought made me smile, and it grew even wider when the four band members emerged and spread out across the stage, holding mics up to their mouths and singing. I wasn't close enough to see their faces, just outside of the crazy mosh pit. Their silhouettes were blurry in the fog, I deciphered who each person was. 

Keegan stood on the end of the stage, rocking out on his electric guitar. His head of hair bobbed up and down with the music. He jumped around like a popcorn seed in a microwave. His mic strapped to his head. 

Jason stood next to him, with much more subdued motions. He had a hand on the microphone and his other on his heart. His eyes were probably closed. 

Noah stood on the other far end of the stage. He held the mic loosely in his had and ran around the edge of the stage, giving fans high fives and smiling widely. It was the one time you would ever see Noah truly enjoying himself. When he was onstage, performing in front of an audience.