"Since he took me under his wing. He says he wants me to be a mini King, you know, like a Prince," I smirked, making Mama frown.

"Alright well remind me to have a talk with you about the way King's taking you under his wing when we get back to my house because I have a few questions to ask you."

I nodded my head. "Alright, sounds fine to me."

The rest of dinner went by smoothly since none of us talked to each other. Mama was pissed, to say the least, but it's nothing I can do to change what I've gotten myself into. And what's the big deal working with King? After all, that is her Father and she should know how he rolls. He wouldn't let me get into any real danger, and in the event that I am in real danger, he's trained me to protect and defend. All I'm doing is making money so my family can be set for the rest of their lives, even if that means dipping into some illegal business. King's set up ways to clean the money so I won't get caught. It's virtually impossible to get caught doing what I'm doing.

We were back at Mama and Jayvion's crib within an hour and Jayvion went straight to the back without saying a word to me or Mama. I turned to Mama, who was locking the condo down for the night.

"So where are me and Princess gonna sleep?"

"There's an extra bedroom in the back but I need to speak with you about this thing you have going on with my Dad first. What the hell are you thinking going into business with him? You're going to get yourself into a world of trouble, but most importantly, you're going to get yourself killed!" she whispered. "My Dad's a lot of things but I didn't think he would be that stupid to allow you to go down the same destructive path he went down."

"It's not even that bad. I can protect myself."

"The same way you protected yourself when Ava stabbed you?"

"I didn't know how to protect myself back then but I do now. Look, you don't even need to worry about me Mama. I got it under control."

"No you don't. I don't even know why he'd introduce you to the life he used to live. He never wanted any of his kids in it for a reason and that's because it's dangerous. Messing around with my Dad, you could die or you could be in jail. Why can't you just go down the good path and make your money legally?"

"Because doing the right thing hasn't gotten me anywhere in life Mama. Every time I try to do the right thing, somebody always stabs me in the back. I'm tired of getting hurt by people that I think are loyal to me. I'm tired of it Mama and I'm ready for a change. I'm taking over the clubs in Atlanta and what comes with the clubs is everything you're afraid of. And it's not like I'm even gonna be selling dope. All I'm acting as is the distributor. I get my product from the connect and distribute it throughout the state. The rest is up for the people working with me to do. They move the weight how they want to but I'm getting my money regardless and the money will be cleaned through the clubs. I got this under control Mama."

She sighed, folding her arms. "And what if the police raid your place? You know if they catch you, you could go to jail for the rest of your life. That means no more Princess, no mo--"

"I know what it means Mama," I cut her off. "I already had this conversation with King and I know that I've got a lot riding on me, that's why I'm trying to make things as easy as they can be for everybody. And that means you being on board with what I'm doing."

"I can't be on board with you throwing your life away Theodore."

I sighed. "I'm not throwing my life away. I'm just simply making money my way."

"But your way isn't always best. And one thing will lead to another and you won't just be making money. Next thing you know, you'll be lying, cheating, stealing and God forbid killing people. There's more to that life than what meets the eye. I guess it's all fun and games until you or somebody close to you gets killed, right?"