Chapter 30

Jaz's POV

I pulled into Theodore's Grandpa's estate and parked my car behind the long line of cars that sat out front

I pulled into Theodore's Grandpa's estate and parked my car behind the long line of cars that sat out front. My parents let me out of the house tonight because they still think something is going on between Theodore and I. Nothing is going on between us though, I just make that excuse for them to let me out of the house. It's been working, especially since they heard Aubrey and I broke up and aren't getting back together this time. They've actually eased up on my punishment now that Aubrey's out of the picture. I can hang out with Theodore only, I got my phone and TV back, I got my clothes and make up back but I just can't go out and do anything unless it's with Theodore.

I walked up to the door and knocked twice before standing back. I always thought my parents had a big house, and even Theodore's parents, but his Grandparents' home is just a little bit bigger and they look better. The lawn is always manicured and there are always flowers all over the yard, which is something I think his Grandmother added.

Theodore pulled the door open, making me smile. "Best friend, I haven't seen you since the weekend," I said as I invited myself inside.

He chuckled. "You know, I've been busy," he replied, pulling me into a hug.

"With Princess, I hope."

He nodded his head. "Yeah and business stuff."

I let go of him and followed him to the back where his family was at in the kitchen. "What kinda business?"

"None that involves anybody outside of this family," Mr. McDonald began as he looked up from his plate. "Don't go meddling in my grandson's business life. If you tryna be his friend, stay in the friend zone."

Theodore sighed. "That's not even what she's talking about and her getting out of the friend zone won't ever happen, so you don't even have to worry about that. We're gonna head upstairs though. I need to check on Princess."

Mr. McDonald nodded his head. "Alright but when she's gone, I need to talk to you."

"Okay Grandpa."

"Bye Mr. McDonald," I waved as I walked out of the kitchen.

"Good bye little girl," he responded.

I just rolled my eyes. I don't know what I did to him for him to treat me like this. I've always been nice and respectful to him and his wife. I've been completely respectful to Theodore's family, so none of them should have an issue with me. I followed Theodore upstairs to his bedroom where Princess was at asleep in her crib. He climbed up in his bed and sat with his back up against the head board while I sat on the opposite end of the bed.

"I'm surprised you have Princess during the week. You usually have her on the weekends."

He sighed, running his hand down his face. "Yeah, I know. You see, I went over Nicole's house this afternoon to see her and all hell broke loose. When I got over there, Tee Tee and Dylan was over there. They're living with Nicole and Princess now in that broke down ass trailer park."