Chapter 46

Aubrey

I felt like I was choking, almost dying as my eyes quickly popped open

I felt like I was choking, almost dying as my eyes quickly popped open. I opened my mouth wide, gasping for air since it felt like I had been in a deep sleep for weeks and my throat was dry. All of my body was dry and I needed water since a nurse hasn't been in here in hours to replace my IV. I guess these bitches up in this hospital want me to die or something but I closed my eyes back shut because I don't want to go to prison right now. I need to live the life of luxury in this hospital and run up the bill for my Mama so I'll pretend to be in a coma for a few more days.

I'm not stupid. I remember everything that happened clearly and I remember most of what's going on around me. I know these damn police got me cuffed to this bed like some fucking animal and I know these police are watching me. I know there's two sitting in my room 24/7 and I know there's been one sitting outside of my room since I got here, but none of it came as a surprise to me.

I know I'm going to prison for six years because I had drugs on me but at this point, I really don't give a damn. They can send me to prison because I'll be better off there. At least there, I won't have to worry about my safety, money, sneaking around or none of these broke down ass bitches like Majesty, who I heard disappeared. She most likely died if she's disappeared this long and I'm sure Theodore had something to do with it. Somehow his family is always involved in some shit that effects me. But lucky for them, they got to Majesty before I did. My next plan of action was to get rid of her because she was starting to get on my nerves. I'm glad they got to her before I did, so that's one less charge against me.

And Jaz. If I could've woke up, I would've socked the shit out of her. Who does she think she is coming up to the hospital everyday to vent to me about her issues regarding Theodore? I hate that nigga for kissing her but at least he didn't take it far with her and at least he doesn't want shit to do with her. She, on the other hand, can't stop moving on from one nigga to the next. How dare she prove me right by being in love with my best friend? I always knew they had something going on. It's definitely not mutual right now but I knew one of them were feeling the other and I knew they were bound to do something eventually.

But I can't believe Theodore never came down here to see me though. I guess our friendship really is over because I never heard anybody mention his name except for Lindsey. Him not coming over just confirmed the end of our friendship, so if he's ready to go to war with me then I'm ready.

All of these mother fuckers shocked me but the person that shocked me the most was Lindsey. She's the only person that stepped into my room without a bunch of shit to talk everyday. I dreaded hearing the rest of those mother fuckers come in because they were all so depressed or angry about something but Lindsey always kept it positive for me and I needed that. I can't remember everything she told me but she'll be sure to get a call from me once I get back on my feet because she was the only person to keep it real with me. She laid everything out on the table, told me my faults, told me her own and everybody else's but she never blamed me. She just wanted me to do better and I appreciate that.