Chapter 38

I know a lot of you ask me to proofread and edit your books all of the time, so now I'm on Fiverr proofreading and editing books via this link https://www.fiverr.com/s2/fdcdc6589e You guys can use that website to send me WHATEVER needs to be edited. I'd really appreciate it if you guys helped me out with this. :)

Theodore III

This is the worst part about Princess being sick

This is the worst part about Princess being sick. Every morning I have to give her a shot of Erythropoetin. The medicine is supposed to stimulate the growth of red blood cells and her overall growth. It's also supposed to replace the energy she's losing from her Kidneys and I have to give it to her every single morning. I wouldn't mind giving it to her, but it's just having to give her a shot everyday that hurts me the most. I already don't want to see her hurting and suffering because of the mistakes Nicole and I made, but seeing her cry everyday from getting a shot hurts even more.

That's why I haven't been giving them to her since I got her prescription last week. Lindsey has been giving her the shot every morning, but not today. I need to learn how to do it and I can't keep depending on Lindsey to do it for me.

"It'll be easy if you just get it over with quickly," Lindsey said as she sat on my bed. She was holding Princess, who I had just cleaned up. I woke up to her spitting up all over herself for the second morning in a row. "Now the medicine they gave us at the pharmacy is supposed to be a month's supply. All you have to do is take the syringe out of the package and sterilize the needle."

I nodded my head and grabbed the package of syringes they gave us at the pharmacy and took it out of the package. It was already filled with the correct dosage we were supposed to give Princess everyday. I've seen Lindsey doing this the past few mornings and she always made it look easy. I just hope it's as easy for me. I cleaned the needle with alcohol and turned back to Lindsey.

"Alright, what's next?"

"You have to stick it on the inside of her thigh. She's gonna immediately start crying as soon as you put it in her thigh, so you have to do this quickly. You gotta hold the back of the syringe where the pump is and press it down quickly, but steadily. She's supposed to have every drop of that medicine in there, so if she starts crying and squirming, don't worry about it. It's gonna be normal for her to cry and I'll be holding her. Just don't leave the needle in her for too long. You got it?"

I hesitantly nodded my head. Just looking down at how sharp the needle was, was making me sick. I could feel my stomach turning the more she went into detail about how I was gonna have to inject this into Princess.

"Lindsey, I think I'm gonna be sick," I said, holding my hand over my mouth. I could feel my stomach rumbling so I knew my breakfast was gonna come up soon. "I can't do this Lindsey."

She sighed. "Stop trying to make yourself throw up because it's not that bad. Just get it over with so you don't have to stand here and look at the needle. And I know you can do this Theodore. I know you don't like needles and I know you're squeamish but do it for Princess so she can feel better every day and won't have to be in pain. Can you do it for her?"