Secrets and Promises

Roses POV
I stood up and hovered my hand over my pocket, where my knife was. I towered over Ethan and covered the shadow of his body with mine. My hand searched for his shoulder as my eyes locked on BEN.

"What the hell are you doing here." My hand found Ethan. Silently, I held onto his wrist strongly. I could feel every scar from him cutting it open.

"Well you just stormed off after punching Jeff. And I saw you go out and running into the woods." he shrugged, "So I followed you."

BEN eyed Ethan with hunger as panic and anxiousness settled its way into my head. What to do...what the hell to do....

"Don't tell the others. Or I swear I'll-"

"Aw little baby Rose threatening a wanted murderer while protecting her ugly ass boyfriend." he mocked, "I won't tell, but you'll have to pay for keeping my mouth shut."

I groaned and let go of Ethan's arm. My hand was still edging my pocket with caution, because I knew how deceiving BEN could be. And how fucking annoying too...

"What payment?" I hissed through my teeth.

BEN looked up and tapped on his chin, putting his knife down for a second. His beady red eyes stared evilly at me as he thought.

"Hm...either you stay in my room for a night or you call a fight with Jeff. And if you choose the fight, you can't have any weapon while he could have anything he wants. And if you choose staying with me for a night, you can't resist or else I'll tell everybody about your little friend there. Got it?"

My eyes widened as shock over washed my body. Both options were absolute shit, and both gave me the worst of thoughts.

If I chose to stay with BEN...he'll try, no, do things to me. Things that his perverted self have wanted to do for years. And if I chose to fight, I might die. Or at least have several shattered bones, bruises, and bloody cuts. And the fight wouldn't allow me to have the strength to protect Ethan or even move.

Of course Ethan wouldn't understand the consequences to either option, or the idea that I was going to sacrifice my own damn body for him. Hell what happened to me....

Then in the thickness of the air, Ethan grabbed my wrist and stared at me with determination, emptiness, sadness, worry, fear, so many other things.

Him just looking at me made me sick, made me feel like I was at the bottom of the world with everything I wanted just out of my reach.

Ethan just shook his head and mouthed, 'Don't do it.'

I turned away from him and ignored him he best I could. He was distracting me...and I had to focus.

"Fine." I coldly said, "I'll fight Jeff. But you better not fucking telling anyone anything about Ethan."

"So Ethan's that things name." BEN smiled, "Anyway, even though I opted for the first choice, the second one is equally satisfying. Alrighty then...shall we go home?"

~•~

I hated leaving Ethan in that cave. I hated BEN for being such as sadistic stalker. I hated myself for being so dumb to let somebody follow me. Now because of me Ethan's and my own life was on the line.

BEN and I were walking home, and I was just the happiest camper there could be. Hatred and anger radiated off of me as we walked through the thick leaves of the trees, and to his own safety BEN didn't say a word. All he was doing was smirking his ugly grin and staring at me with a evil pride. Fuck him...

"So when did you find Ethan?" BEN creeped up next to me. "How long did you have him? Why aren't you not sharing him?"

In anger, I threw him against a tree and slid my knife up to his chin. My knee was edging his crotch, ready to strike at any moment.

"Don't you try to fucking talk to me. You threatened me and now you expect to have a normal conversation with me? You asshole."

BEN smiled and put his hands up. "Well excuse me," he slowly pushed my hand away from his neck, "Who has the power here? You do know I can do anything to you? Now if you could, back off or I'll f-"

"Goddamn your petty mouth." I growled, stepping away from him.  "You better keep your promise."

"Of course. After all, my sadistic personality will get a special little show between you and Jeff anyway. Take it as a thanks."

As a thanks? That motherfucker doesn't realize what a thanks even is. A thanks is supposed to be kind or something, and it shouldn't be a forced thanks. I mean, I'm fighting Jeff, Jeff the Killer, the crazy maniac wanted for his hundreds of murders. Jeff, the person who's perhaps the most talented fighter when it came to weapons in the entire creepypasta household. And BEN expects me to take it as a thanks?!

I walked ahead and eventually started sprinting. Even though wind was slapping against my face while running, steam was still coming out of my ears. I knew I would be angry for a long time...

Soon the house came into view, and my stomach was already in twists. I could already feel myself losing grip of my knife skills. Better get this over with...even though I really didn't want to.

I hesitantly went inside and immediately saw Jeff sitting on the staircase, his stark white face cherry red in the area where I slapped him. I wanted to laugh, but that would just anger Jeff, which I didn't want right now.

"What now you little bitch?" Jeff glared at me.

"Look, I don't want to stall for myself, so just get up and fight me outside." I bluntly said, small confidence in my voice.

Jeff raised his eyebrows in surprise and tilted his head. "Why? Are you so angry you actually want to fight me? Really?"

"Just say yes or no."

His smile widened and he stood up. He cracked his back and took a knife out of his pocket.

"Alright then, let's dance."

AN// So this chapter is long enough so there is a next chapter which is under progress. Sorry for not having the fight in the story yet, and if you want to continue reading, just imagine it happened. Great right? Thanks. 🖤

(Some time after; The chapter is done now, so ignore the top and move on. Thanks again 😄)