Chapter Seven: Crashing

So did anybody else think the whole scene of Kabuto and Orochimaru with that snake creature in background was just plain weird!? The episode itself was pretty good, though. Glad I got to learn a little bit more about Kabuto 😢 well I hope you enjoy this scene of a little bit of Batman and Robin style crime fighting lol
~Kei-chan🌸💎

Chapter Seven
Crashing

Someone was shaking my shoulder, trying to wake me up. After they couldn't shake me awake they began poking my face.
"Stop, Naruto," I mumbled, half asleep.
"I'm not Naruto," Sasuke replied, sleepily. "You need to wake up its 3:30."
"Mhm," I groaned and stretched my arms out. "Okay."
The room was dark, but I could tell I was still on he couch from the feel of the throw pillows. It was still warm from Sasuke's body, which was now standing over me.
Groggily, I stood and walked upstairs to the bathroom. I took a hot shower, trying to escape from the chill of the room. I yawned while brushing my teeth and almost choked on tooth paste. With a towel wrapped around my limber form, I found my way to my room in the dark. I could hear Sasuke enter the bathroom and turn the taps on.
I sighed and started shifting through my closet. I put on my ANBU pants and black tank top then slid on a black crew neck sweater. Black will help me hide more easily, I decided putting on my knee high grey socks. I grabbed an extra pair of pants and a black v neck just in case I needed them and put them in my pack. I put on my usual gear and pulled my hair back into a bun with my headband wrapped in place. It looked like Rosie Riveter's hair. I laughed.
"Ready?" Sasuke asked, knocking on my door.
"Yeah," I grabbed my coat with the fur hood and opened the door. "Let's go."
"I like your hair," He commented, touching my cheek. "It looks nice."
"Thank you," I blushed. "We better go before they wake up."
Sasuke seemed to only own a wardrobe of dark colors. He was wearing black pants with his boots again and a black thermal. The top button was undone and I could see another shirt, perhaps a tee shirt, underneath. He noticed me staring and buttoned it.
We grabbed our coats and put our packs on. He creaked the door open and the cold hit me. I shivered and put on my gloves.
The city was dead with empty streets and darkened stores. It was strange and eerie with fog rolling off of the pond. The sky was still dark with a few stars spotted here and there.
"Where do we go from here?" Sasuke asked when we reached the trade route.
"East," I pointed in the direction. "For eight miles until we reach the mountain side and then there should be a trail heading up the mountain."
"Hn," He nodded then glanced around. "Get back," He pushed me back into the bushes."Someone's coming."
I curled my hands into his shirt. I could hear the crunching of the frozen ground as someone came into view. I could barely make out the silhouette of them in the dim moonlight. They stopped at the edge of the woods, looked around, and turned back to direction he came from.
"It's clear!" The man's voice yelled.
Then another person stepped out, they were bigger than the other man in width not height. In fact, they were shorter than them. Another person stepped out beside of them carrying something. It looked like a box.
"Move it up into the safe spot for transfer tomorrow," The heavier man said. "She'll be by around four."
"Is it a heart transfer?" The first man asked.
"Yes," The heavy man nodded. "It's worth 50,000 dollars total. That's 25,000 for us."
"That's enough to repair the hospital damages," The man with the box commented.
"That wouldn't have happened if you got the transfer dates wrong," The heavy man scolded. "Because of you we had to have that bomb implanted."
"Why couldn't you just take the body back?" The first man asked.
"Because the damn leaf nin were on guard," The heavy man grumbled. "It's done too late to change anything now, lets just get this up the trail."
"Yes, sir." They said in unison.
All three men crossed the road and disappeared into the woods.
"Wait a few moments," He whispered. "Give some time to get ahead of us."
I nodded then after about ten minutes we crossed the road. Shuffling quickly through the woods we were on our way. Sasuke was in front and I followed him, glancing across the area for any obstacles. We slowed down as we came closer to the men. They were obviously trained ninja, you could tell by the way they moved. They were quick and smart with their moves. Not that smart and not that well trained since they were unaware of us following them. We traveled like that, us on there trail, for a long time then we came to a halt as we reached a makeshift levy. The gear and pulley creaked as they stepped into. Slowly, they were pulled up into the air until they were so high we could see them anymore.
"I can see lights up there," I mentioned, as Sasuke activated his Shardigan.
"Let's go up the trail," He pointed to the rock path tucked behind some bushes. "There is a multitude of chakra at this entrance, we'll have to find another way," He deactivated the Shardigan then we started up the path. "It's too dangerous to go that way by ourselves."
"Okay," I nodded. "The cave is at least a mile high."
The pathway was rocky and jagged. In some places there was barely enough room for you to walk with one foot in front of the other. I had to steady myself on the side of the mountain several times.
Sasuke stuck out his arm and stopped me as we came to the a side entrance in the cave. The door itself was covered by a plastic tarp. There were voices coming from inside and I could hear some machines beeping.
"The response is well," A woman's voice said. "He will not live through the night, unfortunately. We will need a new test subject soon. I must speak with the Captain."
"Yes, ma'am," A man agreed. "Let us go."
"Come on," Sasuke pulled me inside with him, pushing the plastic aside. "Be quiet and stay close."
The entrance was dim, but the actual room was brightens with construction lights. There was blood splatter across the floor and walls, with chunks of skin lying around. Tables were covered with medical equipment and files. It smelled of rotting flesh, making me want to throw up. I lifted my hand to covered my mouth and nose with it. Sasuke snarled up his nose in disgust.
I slowly walked towards the lab table where a white body bag laid. I could clearly make out the form of a human body. The bag was moving slightly, the body still breathing. I wanted to open the bag, to put them out of their misery, but Sasuke stopped me. He shook his head and pointed to the files.
I nodded and walked towards the table and pulled my bag off. I stuffed them in it and quickly put the pack back in place.
We started moving through the system as quietly as possible until we reached a fork in the road. The entire area seemed to be lit by some form of a candle or lantern, making it easier to see. There were some voices coming from the left way as footsteps from the road in front of us. We turned left and quickly ducked inside a crevice in the wall as two people dressed in surgeons clothing walked past us. I shivered as they left a lingering scent of death trailing behind them. We stayed there a bit longer a more people went past. We were practically mushed together as one because the area was so tiny. My chest was flattened against his and our feet were tangled together.
"The files are gone!" The familiar woman's shrieked. "Someone has breached our facility!"
"Calm down, Heisuke-kun," A mans voice tried to soothe her. "Maybe captain came and retrieved them."
"I hope you're correct!" She yelled, as they ran through the halls.
"Come on," Sasuke pulled me out of the compartment. "Quickly."
We swiftly, but silently made our way through the tunnel. We slammed our brakes and hunkered to the wall as footsteps came closer to us. Looking around the only place for us to go was over the side of trail. There was a small piece of land that jutted out over the dark hole below it. The only catch was how far down it was from where we stood.
I nodded as Sasuke wrapped his arms around me and jumped over the edge, barely making the landing on the surface. There wasn't even enough room for me to be put down so he had to hold me.
"We need to find another subject," A mans voice announced. "The last one is on the verge if death as we speak, captain. His liver and part of the backbone has been salvaged, sir. What else should we retrieve?"
"Every vital organ that works well," The strangely familiar voice said. "People pay top dollar for healthy organs and we are in desperate need of money."
"Yes, sir," I could hear him writing on a paper. "What about a new subject?"
"Who is left?" The man asked. "Any in the medics department? If not we can start using some of the orphans."
"There is only a little over a hundred medics left, sir," The other man commented. "If I may, sir, there is another option."
"What is it?" He stopped walking.
"We do have some visitors in town, from a very far away village," He said. "I'm sure they would never think we had something to do with it, no one else has so far, Captain."
"Yes, but do you realize who those visitors are?" The Captain reminded him. "The Team 7, son. They would take us out in one swoop."
"But what if we just took one of them?"
"Which one?" The Captain laughed. "The Jinchuriki or perhaps the Uchiha? What about the White Fang? He sounds pretty intriguing."
"No, sir, the woman," He stated. "The doctor that came with them. Her physical is excellent, as healthy as an ox."
"Son," He started. "She is the disciple of the Hokage. She could probably squash you like a bug."
"But what if we took her when her guard is down," The man argued. "And put a chakra lock on her?"
"Seems like it has potential," The Captain concluded. "We will have to see."
"Sir!" The woman's voice came back into play. "Sir, do you have the files? They are gone from my office."
"No, I do not," The Captain voice was becoming angry. "Why did you just leave them lying around, Heisuke!? Have you gone mad??"
"Should I call lock down, sir?" The other mans voice asked.
"No," The Captain began walking closer to the edge. "I think I know where they went."
My heart began to beat in my throat and I tightened my hold on Sasuke's neck. He looked at me and gave me a smirk.
"Hold on to me," He whispered then dropped over the edge with me in his arms.
"There they are!" The woman yelled. "Guards, get them!!"
We were free falling for who knows how many feet before we could even see the ground. I quickly did a summoning jutsu so we landed safely on one of my slugs. It disappeared as we slid off of it and ran towards the exit.
"Where do you think you're going?" A tall slender man said, coming out from the exit.
"Hn," Sasuke said, whipping out his sword. "Move!"
"Not a chance, pretty boy!" He said, running towards Sasuke.
"Sakura, go!" He commanded me, blocking the man's first attack. "Hurry!"
"No, I'm not leaving you!" I refused.
"Fine by me," A mans voice from behind me said. "We need a new subject anyways!"
I grunted and dived at him, fist ready. He ducked, making me bust a hole completely though the wall of the cave. I pulled my hand back through and aimed at him again. He put his arm to block, but didn't realize how strong I was. My arm didn't stop when it hit his instead it broke through it. The humerus bone pushed out of his arm and he screamed.
"What the hell are they feeding you in that village!?" He yelled. "Come here, you bitch!"
He dived at me, again, and ducked then through a punch forward. It landed right on the center of his abdomen and sent him flying back until he crashed into the cave wall.
I turned back to help Sasuke, but he was handling it well. The chidori was bursting through the air as he swung it at the man. The man fell forward then Sasuke threw him off, making him go straight off of the cliff.
"Come on!" I dragged him through the entrance as I began to hear footsteps coming towards us.
The pulley was ready to go when we jumped down into. Sasuke grabbed the rope and began to pull, sending us down in one fluid motion.
"Cut the rope!" The woman's voice yelled.
Before we could react the rope was cut and we were free falling straight down the side of a mountain. Sasuke grabbed me and jumped over the side as the makeshift elevator hit a boulder, busting everywhere. We went tumbling into tree branches until we landed with a hard thud on the frozen solid ground.
"Ugh," I groaned, pushing Sasuke off of me. "Are you alright?"
"Yeah," He groaned. "You?"
"I think so," I mumbled, my lips feeling numb. "I don't know, I feel kinda funnnn . . ."
"Sakura, you're heads bleeding!" Sasuke grabbed my shoulders. "Stay with me, Sakura! I'll get you to the hospital."
"Imma ookay . . . " I mumbled, feeling dizzy. "I just need some medicinnamon . . . "
"Shh," He commanded, picking me up. "You're bleeding badly."
"Sasuke?" I mumbled.
"Hush," He said. I could feel we were moving quickly.
"I love you." Was the last thing I remember saying.