Chapter Two: Eveything

Chapter Two

Everything

I'm going to be late, I thought watching the man slowly start putting the cleaning supplies in the bag. I hated coming to this store. It was moms favorite store to come to, though, so I could suck it up and just go to it. It was old and dusty, the shops owner was this sixty year old grey headed man with no teeth who always talked about the weather and took forever to bag your things. It smelled like cotton balls and baby powder, too. For as long as I could remember she had always came to this store. The man, Booku, had the same conversation with her and then would give me candy.

"Thank you for coming, Dr. Haruno. Please come, again."He waved with a big smile.

"Thanks."I told him, turning the corner.

As I walked towards the exit I noticed someone at the back of the store. He was reading the back of a blue bottle intensely with his fierce coal eyes. I stared for a moment until my phone went off causing him to look up at me. Dammit, I thought pulling it out of my pocket and pretending I didn't even see him.

"Hello?" I answered.

"We got a mission together!"Naruto chirped in my ear.

"Really?"I asked in disbelief."What are we doing?"

"We are going to the Land of Winter. I'll tell you more when I see you, but I gotta go. Hinata is here,"He laughed."See ya!"

"Bye."I pressed end on the phone and put it back in my pocket.

I picked my bag up from the counter and turned to go out, but instead bumped into Sasuke.

"Sorry,"I told him.

"Hn,"He replied still staring at me. "Where are you going?"

"Dropping this off at my house and then dinner with Naruto,"I smiled."What about you?"

"Ramen with Naruto,"He replied."I'll walk you home."

"Oh, that's okay,"I said.

"Hn,"He took the bag from my arms. "I'll walk you home."

"Okay,"I nodded, opening the door for him."Thanks."

The walk was quiet and the passing villagers starred at us as when we went by. Some even looked at each other and whispered.

"What's their problem?"I asked, looking around us at the gawkers.

"What do you think their problem is?"He muttered.

"Oh,"I realized, as we turned the corner to my apartment."Well we're here."

I opened the door and walked inside, tossing the keys on the counter as I walked pass.

"You can set the bag there,"I pointed to the table beside of the shoes."And thanks, again."

He set the bag down silently then looked up at my Genin photo. It was weird seeing Sasuke in my house. I never thought that this image would ever exist. He tapped the photo with his long, slender pointer finger.

"Is that your mom?" He asked, studying her face.

"Yes,"I answered, standing next to him."That's my dad. My mom was mad at him when this photo was taken because he had accidentally burnt a pot that morning when he was trying to make tea," I laughed, remembering the old days."I remember she told him he was never allowed in her kitchen again. Now he's in it almost everyday. She would be so mad if she were here."

"Where you close to her?"He asked.

"Yes, very close," I wrapped my hand around my star shaped necklace dad had given me."We did everything together, but we would argue a lot."