Chapter 13

Vivians POV
   "Shut up" I say to David on Monday morning as we were getting ready for school. He was going on about how lettuce is a vegetable.
   "It's neither fruit or vegetable" I mutter while putting my hair in a ponytail. He stays silent and I look in the direction where he was at, he was putting on his shoes it was always funny watching him put his shoes on, first he would put his left sock on then he would put on his left shoe then the same for his right and then he will tie them.
     I didn't understand he could have just put his socks on then one shoe, tie it and then put the other shoe and tie that one. Simple.
     I go put my shoes and socks on the correct way might I add, "are you ready?" I ask David.
   "Are you?" He asked getting up and grabbing his bag.
    "Nope" I say sarcastically and I grab my bag walking out the door. I heard silence so I assumed he wasn't following, I turn around in one swift move and I was startled to see David very close, he kisses my lips and then walks away as if nothing happened.
    I catch up to him taking his hand and walking to the dining hall. We went on line and I got a toasted bagel with cream cheese, and David got toaster strudels. We eat in peace only bothered by the fact that Melissa and William kept making out and staring at us. It didn't bother me that they were making out it bothered me that they were making out while staring at us. Their eyes were open while kissing and they weren't blinking. It was funny when the lunch lady poked William with the handle of the spatula on his back, she mutters "stop kissing girls your gonna be a man whore when you grow older" and then walks away. He rolls his eyes and continues kissing Melissa wide eyed.
    We laugh to ourselves and start talking about our history paper that was due today.
"I talked about the presidents and shit what about you?" David asks while we played footsies under the table.
"I talked about the revolutionary war" I said taking a bite of my bagel.
"Mrs. Levi is assigning me a tutor for math because based on the last three test she feels I need extra help" he explains playing around with the frosting on his breakfast.
"You'll be fine it can't--" he interrupts me and puts his hand out signaling for me to stop speaking.
"No I'm getting Rachel Rodriguez, she can get really annoying always talking about atoms and molecules and the periodic table and algebra" he explains.
"Rachel Rodriguez is gorgeous, at least you didn't get some ugly nerd she's a cute nerd" I say laughing and trying to make him feel better about his situation.
"Yea she's cute and all but when she opens her mouth it's just- I can't bear it" he complains.
"Your being overly dramatic" I mutter.
"Did I ask you" he says trying to throw a plastic spoon at me, luckily it missed me.
"You're abusive" I say laughing. The bell rings and We throw our trays away and make our way to first period.
"The project I am assigning you is one that you have to complete with a partner, and no you don't get a choice, for the actual task you will have to compete a 500 page each essay on somebody important in your life and you and you're partner have to agree on a person for example if one partner wants to do the memoir on their mother then the other partner has to do it on their own mother, do you understand, good the list of partners is on the bulletin board in the back". Mrs. Levi explains as everyone enters the room. Instead of every one going to their seats they go straight to the back to see who their partner is and then they go to their seat.
   Melissa and Katherine
   Carl and jake
   Timothy and Jayden
   Micheal and Vanessa
   Violet and Nicholas
   David and Rachel
   Suzan and William
   Vivian and Justin
   Jocelyn and Christopher
   Joel and Richard
   Andrew and Samantha
   Jeremiah and Melanie
   Jasmine and Jonathan
   Amanda and Kevin
   Jessie and Aspyn
   Nicole and Anthony
That was the list of partners. I go sit down and see that Justin is now standing in front of me.
    "Hello Vivian" he says placing his books in front of me and pulling up a chair. To be honest Justin is very attractive, dark brown eyes and light brown and blonde short hair, with his thick rimmed glasses and soft looking pink lips. I was so focused on his looks that I didn't even notice David go over to Rachel. I snap back into reality and realize that Justin is speaking.
"So who do you wanna do the project on I'm fine with anything except siblings I'm an only child" he shrugs scratching the back of his neck. He was already coming off to be the awkward type, and for some reason I liked it.
"I was thinking maybe a close friend and we can base it off a picture because a picture is worth a thousand words, right?" I offer trying to focus solely on the project.
"That's a really cool idea, how'd you come up with it so fast?" He questions smiling and nodding. He looked very foolish might I add.
"I just thought of it" I say smiling not genuinely but to be nice.
I had a feeling that Justin got a lot of game with girls but no play. He's very very attractive but his choice of words are very awkward. What I mean is that a lot of girls probably come up to him in search of some action but end up getting turned off.
Out of the corner of my eye I see my phone light up, I glance at Justin and he's scribbling something in his notebook, I look back at my phone and see that David texted me.
    David🎂🍿- KILL ME NOW👦🏽🔫🔪☠💉💊
    I turn my head to look at him only to see that he's already looking at me. He then mouths "'help me" ' I laugh, shrug my shoulders and turn back to Justin.
    "Hey do you wanna maybe arrange some time where we could study hopefully today" he asks putting down the pencil.
     "You could come over my room or vice versa" I smile and we agree to go to his room since he has no roommate his roommate got suspended and is off campus for a month which is crazy because the school year just started.