Chapter 12: Pass or Fail?

I woke up at 4:30 A.M. to get ready for the test at 5. After getting ready I walked around the house but couldn't find dad anywhere.

"He must be out for a walk before the test." I muttered walking to the kitchen.

I pouted looking at the refrigerator as my stomach growled and walked to the door, "He's probably going to be late anyways. He always is." I sighed walking to the training ground and saw Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke there.

"Hi guys." I said waving and yawned.

"Morning." Naruto mumbled, looking like he was about to fall asleep.

I put my bag on the ground and laid down with my head on the bag and fell asleep.

"Good morning." I heard my dad say which caused me to wake up.

"You're late!" Naruto yelled.

"Sorry, a black cat crossed my path so I had to take the long way." Dad smiled as I shook my head, "You're a liar." I mumbled standing up.

"Let's get started." Dad said setting a timer and showing us three bells and explained to us the rules.

"But there are three bells? And four of us?" Sakura asked confused.

"That's so one person will be tied to the post and automatically be disqualified and go back to the academy." Dad said smiling, causing me to worry.

"You can use any weapon you choose. If you are not prepared to kill me, you will not take the bells." He said as I frowned, -I can't...can't try to kill dad.- I thought.

Dad told us to start when he said start and before I knew it, Naruto was running towards dad with a kunai in his hand.

"Naruto!" I yelled but gasped as dad caught his wrist and held the kunai behind his neck.

"Don't be in a hurry. I didn't say start yet. But...I am starting to like you guys. Now get ready...and start." Dad said as we all jumped off in random directions.

-Now. To beat dad...I need to think like dad. Get those bells. Well at least one bell. I have to pass. Show everyone I am strong enough.- I thought as I watched Naruto try to fight dad.

-I know how to hide. He taught me that. He will not find me. I just need to distract him somehow.- I narrowed my eyes watching him get out his book and smirked, -Bingo. Icha Icha. Now to just wait for...- I trailed off watching dad.

"1,000 years of death!" Dad yelled poking Naruto and I sighed, "Oh dad." I whispered shaking my head as I watched them fight and was shocked by how many shadow clones Naruto could make.

I was even more shocked when Naruto jumped on dads back. "Way to go Naruto." I whispered, smiling.

I was surprised at what was about to happen when Naruto punched...Naruto in the face? Soon all of the Narutos' were punching each other and I sighed, "So close."

I saw Naruto going towards a bell on the ground and I shook my head as he got caught in a trap. "You don't go towards the bait if it's obvious Naruto." I mumbled.

Dad walked up to the bell and got it, "Think before you use a jutsu. Oh and if the bait is obvious. Don't take it." Dad said, "A ninja must see through deception."

"I. Get. It!" Naruto yelled.

"I'm telling you this because you don't get it. You think you get it, which is not the same as actually getting it. Get it?" Dad said watching him.

"I don't even know if I get it." I muttered confused.

I was going to jump down when some shuriken flew by, hitting dad and I jumped, scared but was soon relieved when dad turned in to a log.