Chapter 6: Decision Time

"Wait what?" I asked, my eyes wide and quickly got out of Kakashis' grip and took a couple steps back, "I can't. I...I don't want to be a bother."

"You will not be a bother." The Hokage said smiling.

"Yes I will. I already am being one." I whispered sadly, "All of these ninjas should be doing their jobs but they can't because they're here. And it is my fault they're here."

"Rika." I heard Iruka say and looked over at him, "You are not a bother. You could never be a bother."

"Don't lie." I whispered looking down.

"I am not lying to you. I promise."

"Do...do you pinky promise?" I asked innocently and held up my pinky.

"Yes I pinky promise." He smiled locking his pinky with mine which caused me to smile.

"So Rika, is it okay that you will be living with one of our jonin?" The Hokage asked.

"Yes. Because they are ninja and I have always wanted to be one...I can learn from them right?" I asked shyly.

He nodded at that, "Of course they can teach you. Also that is what Iruka is for. He teaches kids like yourself to become ninja."

I gasped at that in amazement, "Really?" I asked looking up at Iruka.

"Yes that is right. I teach at the academy. And I am sure you will be a great student."

I smiled more at that getting excited as the Hokage chuckled, "Well you seem comfortable with Iruka, Ibiki, and Kakashi so it will be one of them."

"But I want her to live with me! She has so much youth and strength within her!" Guy yelled and I backed up quickly at that.

"Guy." Kakashi said sighing at him and came over to me stroking my hair again as I calmed down.

"Right. Quiet. Got it." He whispered giving Kakashi a thumbs up.

"So Rika. Who do you choose?" The Hokage asked and I looked at them nervously, "I don't know." I frowned thinking.

"Take your time." He smiled kindly.

After thinking for a while I walked up to the Hokage and tapped his arm motioning him to lean down towards me.

"I think I know who I want." I whispered to him.

"Who did you pick?" He asked smiling.

I whispered some things to him which made him look happy and he nodded, "Good idea." He smiled at me.

He stood up and looked at the others, "I need everybody to leave except for Iruka, Ibiki, and Kakashi."