Chapter 10: This is my team?

I woke up hearing my alarm go off.

"An hour to get ready. Great." I yawned getting out of bed and got ready for the day.

I went downstairs and ate breakfast but could not find dad anywhere.

"I guess he had somewhere to be." I mumbled and walked to the door but gasped, "I almost forget!" I ran back to my room going to my dresser and put on my leaf village headband. "That's better." I smiled leaving the house, wondering where dad went.

When I got to the academy I walked in Iruka-sensei's class and took my seat next to Sasuke.

I was closing my eyes trying to relax when I heard yelling coming from the door. I turned and saw Sakura and Ino yelling and arguing about who got there first and who was going to sit next to Sasuke.

"But...I'm here?" I said quietly not seeing another spot by Sasuke open and kept watching them, not noticing that Sasuke looked over at me when I said that.

They ran over to his seat and asked if they could sit there and started arguing again which caused me to shake my head and sigh, "He obviously doesn't want you to." I muttered not knowing that Sasuke heard me.

I jumped hearing someone sit down by me and grinned seeing who it was.

"Naruto you made it. I didn't think you did?" I tilted my head.

"See my headband Rika. Of course I got in. Believe it! I'm a ninja now." He grinned at me causing me to smile back.

"Well congratulations Naruto." I giggled.

"Thanks Ri-" He started but stopped noticing Sakura and all the others girls in class, excluding Hinata, fighting over Sasuke's attention.

He stood up and got on the desk glaring at Sasuke, who glared back at him.

Next thing I knew Naruto was pushed and ended up kissing Sasuke. All of the girls glared at Naruto and beat him up.

I felt bad for not doing anything but I couldn't help but laugh as an injured Naruto sat by Sakura, who was sitting by me. "You...you kissed him!" I laughed and yelped as Naruto lightly hit my shoulder.

"Shut up. It's not funny. It hurts." He pouted as I kept laughing.

*Kakashi P.O.V.*

"That Naruto. Always getting in to trouble." Lord Hokage sighed after watching what just happened.

"Kakashi, isn't that your daughter?" Asuma asked as we looked back at the crystal ball that now showed Rika laughing at Naruto.

"Yes that is her." I said nodding.

"She seems happier." I heard Kurenai say quietly to herself.

"Yes she is." I said smiling a little as I watched Rika.

*Rika P.O.V.*

After we settled down Iruka walked in the class and gave us a lecture about being Genin and getting in groups of three.

"Now because we have an extra student one group will be a group of four." He smiled, "Now let us begin."

"Team 7. Naruto Uzumaki." He said and I smiled at Naruto, "Sakura Haruno, Sasuke Uchiha."

Naruto groaned at being paired with Sasuke but then frowned looking at me, "We are not on the same team." He mumbled but turned back to Iruka as he continued talking.

"And lastly Rika." He said and I grinned looking at Naruto, "We got on the same team." I said and Naruto nodded happily.

"Next Team 8. Hinata Hyuga, Kiba Inuzuka, and Shino Aburame." Iruka-sensei said and continued reading out names.

"Ha. I'm with Sasuke." Sakura turned around to Ino bragging, but when she did she bumped into me which caused me to bump into Sasuke.

"Oh I'm sorry." I said looking over at him as I sat back up, "She did it." I chuckled pointing back to Sakura.

"Hn." He mumbled looking over at me, but my attention was brought back to Iruka-sensei talking.

"Next Team 10. Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara, and Choji Akimichi."

Iruka was getting ready to say something else but was caught off by Naruto complaining about being with Sasuke. Iruka-sensei had to explain to him that he paired the worst with the best, which caused Naruto to pout and get upset.

"Now after lunch your Jonin teachers will meet you here so be ready." Iruka-sensei said as everyone left for lunch.

"Hey Rika! Do you want to get lunch with me?" Naruto asked.

"No no. That's okay. I know you want to ask Sakura. So go." I said quietly and smiled at him.

He nodded quickly leaving.

I sighed softly and went to go get ramen. After I ate I walked back to the academy late and chuckled, "Guess I picked up this habit from dad." I said walking in the room and only saw Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura there.

"You're late Rika!" Naruto yelled.

"Sorry sorry. Got caught up with...ramen." I scratched the back of my head, "Where is our sensei?" I asked.

"I don't know! He is late and all the other teams are probably training right now!" Naruto yelled.

"Don't worry Naruto, I'm sure our sensei will get here soon." I said trying to calm him down, which did not work.

"That's it!" He yelled getting an eraser and put it on the door.

"You know you shouldn't do that Naruto." Sakura said putting her hands on her hips, "You're going to get in trouble."

"He won't fall for something like that. He is a Jonin." Sasuke muttered watching Naruto as Sakura agreed with him, "Yeah. You are so clueless Naruto."

I watched them and sat down at my desk, "I can't believe this is my team." I said to myself.