Gym Class and Break Ups

It was the last period of the day, the boys had gym class together and they stretched getting ready for volleyball.
"What's up with Maya?" Lucas questioned both boys.
"Like you don't know." Farkle gave him an attitude.
"What?" Lucas looked at Zay for support.
"Oh you know that Maya's" Farkle was cut off by Zay kicking his back leg.
"Ow what the hell Zay?" Farkle gave a dirty look towards him.
"My bad." Zay played like he wasn't watching.
"Maya's what?" Lucas looked at Zay assuming he knew.
His assumption was right Zay did know but Zay was loyal and wasn't going to tell Lucas.
"Oh nothing." Zay shrugged it off.
Lucas was beyond confused at this point. He wanted to know what's up but then didn't want to bother. This conflict just burned into his mind.
•••
Lucas pulled up to Riley's place. He wanted to take it like a man and apologize. Once Lucas reached her apartment door he knocked.
"Go away!" Riley screamed knowing if was either Lucas or Maya.
"Riley baby please open up." Lucas pleaded.
"Why?" Riley sobbed.
"Because we need to talk." Lucas begged hoping it would work.
Riley opened up the door with her hair a mess and her eyes puffy. She was still upset and hurt over this situation.
"Riley I'm so sorry." Lucas was genuine he truly felt bad for his actions.
"I know you are that still doesn't help though." Riley sniffled.
"What do I have to do to make you feel better?" Lucas took her arm gently but she pulled away.
"Nothing you cheated we have to be done." Riley had no emotion she was just distraught she was done with Lucas and Maya.
"It wouldn't happen again." Lucas begged.
"How do you know that Lucas?" Riley looked at him in disbelief.
"Because I promise it wouldn't happen again." Lucas was serious.
"It happened once cheating isn't an accident it's a choice." Riley stated.
"It's over now get out." Riley pointed at the door.
"Riley." Lucas didn't want to leave he wanted to work this out.
"No you don't love me I was a pass time to you. You love Maya I hope you live a happy life with your new family because I never wanna be apart of it."
"Riley!" Lucas was offended first his girlfriend breaks up with him and now she doesn't want to support them it is her best friend.
"Don't Riley me now get." She pushed him out of the door.
"I love you." Lucas whispered.
"No you don't Lucas good bye." Riley whispered back.
After that Lucas left with his heart shattered.
•••
Thank you so much for 300 reads! What do you think will happen next? XO Gabby ❤️