Chapter 9

One month later
I lay in bed full of sorrow. I stare at the wall and think. Ever since l let my feelings out I can't shove them back in. It seems like forever ago I was sitting in that shower crying. 

My arm has pretty much healed and Daryl's leg is on its way to a short recovery. His arms are wrapped around me and we are both laying on our sides.

 Daryl lets out a long morning sigh, I turn to face him he smiles at me and presses his lips to mine we kiss for a while. Then I get up and put a tee shirt on and some shorts. 

I kiss Daryl goodbye and walk out. As I am about to walk outside I see him walk out of the cell. He is going to be even later than I am and he knows that being late to clearing pisses off Abraham, which is probably why he is late every time he is in the clearing group. 

We reach our part of the fence to clear and start driving weapons into walkers heads. I walk up to a about 50 year old women walker. I am about to drive my katana into its skull until I look and realize who it was. 

I gasp and start walking backwards. "How- what th-" I stare at my mother. I look as she starts gnawing on the fence. I stand there in shock. Daryl walks up to her and is about to kill her well I should say it, that's not her anymore. Anyways I stop him,

 "I got it." I say my eyes focused on the once was my mother but now a walker. 

He nods and walks away to a big cluster of them across the fence. I face it, face to face. I stare into its eyes, how could have she gotten all the way here. We lived in Georgia but all the way across the state.

 And here how does she show up in the exact place I am in. We have seen more and more walkers lately. Maybe something is attracting them. A helicopter? No there's no way.

I stare at here and lift my katana, she used to think they were so stupid. I used to collect them, when I was younger before the outbreak, the Japanese culture fascinated me. I was still in my house when I met Michonne, my house looked abandoned so she went to take refuge there and when I came back after a run I saw her. 

Her and two other men and a small child. We eventually became best friends and we taught ourselves how to use the swords. I had instructional booklets that I never looked at until then. 

We left for a run and when we got back the men were bitten and had turned and the child as well. 

Right when we found them a herd came and we got split up. I take the katana and put it right in between its eyes and feel a tear drip down my face. I should have done this at the beginning. I push right through her skull then brain. She flails onto the ground I stare at her, it, I mean. 

And I walk away I go up to the fence where there is another cluster. I start killing them until they are all dead that's 5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 more that I have killed I am not including my mother. 

I see two at the fence basically ripping each other's skin off trying to break through the fence. They must be almost starved to death. I go over and shove my weapon through the two. 13, 14. I look and see a old frail walker, it's too bad the old women had to pass like this and couldn't have died of old age. 

I applaud her for being able to survive this long I look at the bite on her neck, looks fresh, she probably turned a few hours ago. I shake the fence getting here to come closer, then pierce the katana through the side of her head. 15. The next clearing group starts to come out so I catch up to Daryl 

"15"

"18, I beat you again."

"Shut up" I say. 

"Have you been crying?"

"What no. Why would you say that?"

Shove back in feelings! Shove back in!

"Your eyes are all puffy. Are you sure?"

We walk inside.

"Positive, I am going to take a shower. My eyes are puffy from allergies."

He raises his eyebrow, I can see he is not convinced."

"Gotta go bye."

I kiss him on the cheek and jog to the showers. Everyone has taken their morning showers and are probably all eating breakfast, I sigh in relief and burst into tears, more tears. 

I take off my clothes and continue to cry letting in all out once again. I breathe in and out and close my eyes let the water stream down my back. I cry some more really loud since no ones around.

"Valerie?"

Oh shit, Daryl. There's no way he didn't hear me crying if he was in here. I still try to stay strong when I speak but it fails and my voice comes out cracky and depressing.

"Yeah?"

I hear him get closer he talks through the shower curtain.

"Now you have to tell me what's wrong, no denying it."

"I'm fine Daryl go to breakfast."

"What happened out there you were fine until we got back."

I just start bursting into tears and can't help it. 

He whispers, "It was that walker wasn't? The one you stood and stared at for a long time? Did you know her?"

"It" I correct him.

"My bad, it. Did you know it?"

"My mother."

 I cry harder. And harder. He doesn't try to pry, which I like he doesn't try to make me explain myself when I loose someone he just comforts me. 

"That wasn't your mother today. That was a walker. Like you said a "it" not a "her" or a "she" a "it" She is away from this disaster world and she is safe now. She loved you and nothing will ever change that."

"I know, thank you."

I finish taking my shower and get dressed. I feel like feelings have officially been shoved back in and closer for my mothers death has be official.

Ahhh! There is more to come probably tomorrow or Wednesday it will be updated💗Also once school starts I will have study hall to write the book so I will update more! 

Vote and comment ;)