Chapter 6

I will try to update asap, mostly on Saturdays because it's my only day off🙁 One more thing the rest of the story is Valerie's POV unless I say otherwise :)

My eyes open and I have to close them from the light shinning in, I let my eyes adjust to the light and look next to me Daryl is still asleep so I get up very quietly and grab my old clean clothes from when I first got here, my arm searing in pain, but I want to take a shower the walker insides smell is getting to me. 

When I go down to the showers they are all full so I stand and wait, a younger girl maybe 17 or 18 walks out, I heard someone call her Beth I think not sure."It's all your's" 

I give her a thank you smile and walk in, I take the bandage off my arm and throw it in the tiny trash can in the shower stall, the wound looks clean I am afraid to take a shower with it exposed so I slowly take baby steps to getting it wet once it fully hits the water, it feels amazing.

 I have to wash my hair with one arm because it hurts to bad to lift my other. I stand in the shower while the water pours down on me and I think. I think for a really long time about everything. I think of how wonderful it is to be alive and how thankful I am to have such a good camp to live at. I also think of how my relationship with Daryl is moving way to fast.  And then I think of how I won't be able to defend myself as well as I did before with my right arm being injured. 

I stand there and realize that the last time I cried was at the beginning of the outbreak when I watched my sister and mothers flesh ripped apart and eaten to death. They saved my life. They are heroes. If it weren't for them I wouldn't be standing here. I slowly sit on the shower floor and bring my legs up to my chest and wrap my arms around myself. I sit there and start to cry.

 After all the shit I have been through, built up to this moment, every cry worthy moment I didn't cry at was let out at this moment. I let it all out everything. 

I stand up, turn off the shower and look out. Forgetting that people were waiting for the shower. No one was waiting and no one was in the showers. I feel guilt, as I think I couldn't have taken that long in the shower, and yeah a little longer than usual but not this long something happened. 

I put my clothes on as fast as I can and pull on my boots, grab my small knife from my pocket and my hand gun. Load them in my pockets a run out of the shower hall. I quickly look around and no one is around. I run to Daryl and I's room and he's not there. I feel fear also swarm up inside me with the guilt. 

I grab my Katana even though it won't do much use considering I can barley pick it up with my arm that I use it with. I run outside and open the door wide open the sun is shinning so bright I can't see it at first but then I do.... 

Everyone on the inside of the fence and a group bigger than ours on the other side my eyes adjust and I look to see the Governor. No it can't be. I see everyone. Martinez, Shawn, Merle, Warren..... All of them still alive. I think back to when I lived at Woodbury guarding the fence with all of them going on runs. 

Well that was before I escaped. Rick and the Govener are yelling at each other to far away for me to hear I run up and get a closer look. Michonne and Hershel are being held tight by Martinez and Merle. I run up to the fence and yell "Michonne"

She turns her head to look at me. Gun held to her head and tied up. I stand there in shock. The Govener turns his head when I yell and looks at me.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is. It's the back stabbing bitch Valerie. My, my this day just keeps on getting better."

"Let them go!"
"Oh honey I am sorry but that won't be happening anytime soon."
"What do you want?!"
"Isn't it obvious. 

Well let me give you a hint. A place secure, a place with water, a place with shelter, beds. And this one I don't particularly like, a place people live in. But lucky for me that will change soon. He starts laughing and takes out Michonne's Katana and holds it up to Hershel's neck and slices his head straight off. I drop to my knees and behind me I hear crying, yelling, screaming, and gun fire.

 Thanks for all the feedback love you guys! ;)