Chapter 5

Daryl's POV
My eyes slowly open and I look around. I am laying on the bottom bunk of a bunk bed I slowly sit up and try to remember what happened. 

All I can remember was almost getting eaten by a big horde of walkers, and lots of blood on my leg. Also I remember Valerie being there. I yell for her as if she is on the top bunk, no answer. 

Maybe she's sleeping I thought. I try to get up and sharp pain spreads all through my leg forcing me to lay back down, I screech in pain. And hear someone say "he's up!" Hershel and Glenn walk in.

"What happened?!"
"Woah take it easy, Valerie is fine she had a concussion and got shot in the arm but she will make a full recovery"
I sigh in relief and ask, "What's up with my leg?"
"Ah yes, you got shot when the horde broke free the fence in Section B, there was walker insides all over you and Valerie so the walkers didn't get you but the people in the towers were shooting down all the walkers and you looked like walkers as well so they shot you guys." Hershel says very concerning, with a look of disappointment. 

I can feel myself get extremely angry,

"Who the hell shot us?"
"Sasha shot you and Abraham shot Valerie"
I start to yell, "Son of a bitc-" but Glenn cuts me of before I could finish.
"They couldn't of possibly known it was you, you looked like walkers, if it were me in that position, Hershel, even you or Valerie we would all done the same."

"Bullshit, Sasha and Abraham don't know shit! They haven't from day 1. They can't just go around shooting random people like the morons they are, we weren't even walking like walkers we were running from place to place trying to salvage any living people or exits we could find. And I am pretty sure there ain't any running walkers."

"They were trying to help they claim they didn't know it was you, they both want to talk to you and Valerie together when you feel better." Says Hershel.

"Well I don't want to be confined into a room with those lying bastards and have to listen to whatever bullshit lie they come up with to make themselves feel better.

 So no I won't talk to them they should live with the guilt and I know for a fact Valerie will feel the same. Poor girl has been through a swarm of walkers almost bitten and got shot not to mention just found her old friend that she thought was dead and it just her first freaking day."

"We understand that Daryl but just listen to Sasha and Abraham."
"Hell no! Don't ask me again! Just leave!"
"But Dar-"
"LEAVE!"

Hershel and Glenn walk out with an upset look on their faces and I sit up I am so freaking pissed off! 

I get up and ignore the pain I am to mad to even deal with it, I grab the crutches laid down by my bed and start to walk/hop down the hallway, I ask around to see where Valerie is but no one seams to know. 

Then I see the new doctor that we have, well she was a resident training to be a surgeon but she's the best we got besides Hershel. I walk over to her and ask where Valerie is she points down the left hallway, "Second door on the right"

I nod and go over there, I slide the door open as quietly as I can. She looks horrible a big bandage around her gunshot wound on her arm, a wrap along the side of her head where she had that concussion. 

She has scrapes and bruises all over her body, her face so pale. I can't help but to think I probably look the same, I go over to the small mirror in the room, and look at myself, yep I was right I look exactly the same, we look like we both just got hit by a bus. 

I sit next the chair next to her bed I wipe her hair out of her face and her eyes start to flutter open I look down at her and she says,

"Daryl. What Happened?!"
Her voice quiet and weak. 
"What happened?"
"That son of a bitch Abraham shot you."
She looks down at me and then in my eyes, 

"What the hell happened to you you? You look like shit."

She starts and laughing and I laugh a little too.
"Hey you don't exactly look so hot either."
We both laugh and she asks me,

 "But what really happened to you?!"

"Sasha shot me in the leg." I say with a sigh. I can see you face get mad and she says, 

"What a bitch."

We both sit there laughing for a long while. I grow tired and tell her I am going to bed but then I realize that this is our room, I start to attempt to climb the ladder to the top bunk but she stops me. 

"Daryl there's no sense in trying to climb up that ladder and injure yourself even more. Just come lay by me I am small we can both fit."

I raise an eyebrow at her, "Are you sure, don't you think it's a little weird?"

"I don't care you are tired and you can't go up on the top bunk so suck it up and come lay by me. I know we just met but its not worth injuring your self even more."

She scoots over and I plop down next to her, we both look into each other's eye and I go for it, I lean in and kiss her short but nice. She looks at me and smiles then turns her back to me and goes to sleep. I don't know if that is a bad thing or a good thing......

That wraps up chapter 5 I know Daryl and Valerie's relationship seams a little sudden but I was obviously going to make them a couple, I didn't plan on making it this early but hey it's the zombie apocalypse whatcha gonna do😂
Don't forget to give feedback and vote ;)