Birthday Party

You sat in your car, your head turned towards the window as songs played on the radio to pass the time quicker. "I can't wait! I hope we get into a nice hotel." Said your best - girl - friend who sat in the other window seat. In the middle of you two was your best guy friend.

"I paid like three hundred dollars for this so we better," you commented. A laugh erupted from your throat. "If we get a ratchet as hell hotel I'm gonna die."

Your guy friend laughed along with you. "I'd like to see that!" He pretended not to care as you punched him on the arm lightly. But you laughed along too.

Your oldest sister sat in front, she offered to drive you friends and you to the Dells for your birthday. "So." Said Jenny, "15, huh?" You blushed and rolled your eyes.

"Yeah, maybe I'll get to see some cuties there--maybe even get a snapchat?" You all laughed, but you were serious. You were done with boys who went to your school and their desire for girls would only give it up to them. You and your friend weren't going to change yourselves just to appeal to the male mind.

It was too much work.

It's dumb.

Once you reached the hotel you looked around your room. It was exactly what you wanted. "This nice," said you eldest sister as she walked over to her bed. You smiled.

"It is."

_+

"Okay guys," you said gaining the attention of your friends. "What do you want to do? Rides, or wave pool, or inside water park, or--"

"The lines for the rides are kind of long," said Jenny.

"What's inside?" Asked Tom.

You deadpanned. "Haven't you been to Mt. Olympus before?"

They both sent a nod your way before a group of guys your age walked past and caught Jenny's eyes. They headed towards the body of rising water. "Wavepool sounds good." Jenny suggested as she began to inch toward the direction of the teenage boys. You let out a laugh as she started walking away leaving you and Tom to follow behind.

Stripping off everything except the triangle bathing suit you had on under, you waited to splash into the clear water until Jenny and Tom were in their bathing suits. "All ready?" You asked and when they nodded you all ran towards the Wavepool.

A feeling of cold water hit your feet, but you didn't seem to mind it until it hit your thighs. "I was expecting the heat to make the water warmer. I was wrong." Mumbled Tom as he slowly walked behind you.

"It's not that cold," you lied with a smile. A puff of air escaped from a large wall with Poseidon's face painted on it and a huge wave emerged. People began to scream and you felt goosebumps rise on your skin as you swam towards a rope positioned at the end of the parallel walls in which the wave built itself up. You went under just as it crashed down on you, letting yourself ride the wave. When you emerged from the surface you turned around to see Tom and Jenny soaked, and spitting out water.

"See? It's fun!" You yelled to them and they laughed, swimming towards you.

"I think I got water up my nose," commented Jenny.

Tom cocked his head to the side and whipped it violently downward. Then he stuck his finger in his ear. "What? I think some water got into my ear or something." You looked at Jenny and laughed, but she wasn't paying attention to you.

"(y/n) look!" She turned your head to look at the group of guys that entered the pool before you. Coincidently a brown haired boy from the group turned around and you met his light brown eyes. You felt your breath catch in your throat as he didn't look away until the sound of people's screams filled your ears. You too looked away.

Jenny's eyes lit up with mischief. "What are you thinking?"

"He's cute, isn't he?"

You looked at the boy with brown hair again. You could only see his back, but his muscles were enough to draw you in and scramble around you thoughts. Then the wave came and knocked you over with your friends. Under the water you twisted, tumbled, and floated until the wave died down. You met your friends once more laughing all the while.

"I guess," you wiped the water from your face. "Yeah."

She squealed. "Can I go tell him you think he's cute?" You scrunched up your face. What would he do if she told him? Would he come talk to you, or not be interested and pretend he didn't hear her?

"Uhm..."

"Yes?-"

"I don't think..."

"-Awesome!" She swam away and toward the boy with light brown eyes. Your whole body froze when her fingers tapped his tan skin and he looked at her. You felt yourself sinking down into the water as his eyes fell on you, a smirk on his face. Your friend's lips stopped moving and his began.

Oh no, what was she saying to him?

You disappeared under the water as another wave came. When you swam to the surface and regained your balance, your friend returned. "What. Did. You. Do?" You said in a monotone. She laughed and pulled you towards her to whisper in your ear.

"I told him you thought he was cute and wanted his snapchat..." Your mouth fell open and you splashed her as she backed away from you. The water became warmer as your body adjusted to the cold temperature and your mind was taken away from it.

"Okay," you bit your lip nervous. "What did he say?"

"You should go and talk to him." Your heartbeat began to increase.

"Really?" She nodded and you sunk under the water to fix your hair. "No. I'm not going to."

"(y/n) just go!" She yelled and Tom agreed with her. You shook your head and both of them grabbed your arms and began pulling you towards them. At first you couldn't see him, where did he go? But then you ran into a boy with tan skin and brown hair and knew it was him.

His eyes met yours and your breath got caught in your throat. What was going to happen now? "Hi," he held out his hand. "I'm Dylan."

You looked down at his hand and a smile rose on your lips. Butterflies flew around in your stomach as he didn't take his eyes off of you. "(y/n)."