Crush On Your Friends Brother

There he was.

Sitting in front of you, only inches away from your fingertips.

Will you say hi? Could you muster up the confidence to? He was someone special, and popular... Would you risk being in the dim shadows just to get him to notice you?

Too late, he had already turned around and given you one of his charming smiles. Uh oh, now he was leaning closer, his hand rested on the back of his chair as his brown eyes stared into yours. His lips moved, but you seemed to block out whatever he was saying so the moment you've conjured up in your head would last longer.

That was until his hand gently tapped yours and you snapped back to reality. "Oh—uh, yes, I have a pencil," you said shyly, his eyes gleamed with appreciation as he waited for you to hand him one. You didn't want him to wait for you to scramble around in your pencil bag, so you just gave him the one you were using. He rose an eyebrow as the look of skepticism crossed over his handsome face but he just shook his head and chuckled, turning back around to focus on what the teacher had said. You let out a deep breath you didn't know you were holding in and sat back in your desk, trying to distance yourself as much as you could so you could calm down. Your heart raced, your cheeks were flaming, and you couldn't even remember what you needed next.

"Miss (y/l/n)? Shouldn't you be writing things down as I talk? I've heard notes help you study," her voice was soft and sarcastic as those words left her mouth. She was talking to you, and you had noticed.

Instead of replying back, knowing her question was rhetorical, you fished out a pencil for yourself and listened as she taught the new lesson.

§

"Mom, did you let out the dogs?" Your friend asked as she entered her house, you on her tail. You shut the door once you stepped inside and waited to head up to your friends room because you were afraid to bump into Dylan.

Her mother seemed to be on the couch, watching Tv. "Yes, Moxy and Raven won't have to pee until another two hours I'm guessing," she yelled to her daughter. Your friend walked towards her mother, and sat down next to her, you stood there awkwardly. "(Y/n) good to see you! You don't come around as often as much as you used to when you guys were kids." Her mother noticed, though she didn't seem at all sad about that. Probably because last time you were here you accidentally pushed over her favorite lamp. It broke, to say the least.

"I don't?" You repeated, trying to sound sad about that, but you could care less. "Huh."

Just then you heard footsteps coming closer, until you smelled the scent of boys cologne. And you felt someone standing behind you. "Hey," you heard Dylan whisper and you turned to look at him. You tried not to look surprised by him talking to you, but you were. Then he pulled out a number two pencil and grabbed your hand, placing the pencil in it and closing your hand for you. "Forgot to give that to you at school today." He explained and you stifled a laugh.

"It's just a pencil," you said. "Not that important."

He rose an eyebrow. "It belonged to you." Was all he said before he made his way back into the hallway and took a right to walk back up the stairs. You stood there, mouth open, confused.

"What was all that about?" You turned around to meet the eyes of your friend. "What did he give you?" She looked at your hand and sucked her teeth at the sight of the plain pencil.

"Something that belonged to me," you looked down at the pencil as you whispered those words, not caring if she didn't hear you.

You heard her mumble something like 'oh boy', then she took your hand and led you up the stairs to her room. "So tonight—"