Song Imagine (Sam Smith) I'm Not the Only One

Everyone falls in love at least once. You thought you were in love, until you realized the difference between love and lust.

You and me, we made a vow
For better or for worse
I can't believe you let me down
But the proofs in the way it hurts

"He's with someone else, said he was done with her," you heard a voice say next to you as you stated down at your desk. Your notebook filled with doodles of escaping the town you lived in and going somewhere no one knew you. "Makes sense, she's the type of girl that's easy."

Easy? You repeated in your mind.

For months on end I've had my doubts
Denying every tear
I wish this would be over now
But I know that I still need you here

A tear crawled down your cheek, threatening to reveal itself before you wiped it away with the back of your hand. Then he walked in, his eyes flew to yours, and his face softened; he was just as broken as you.

It seemed almost impossible.

You say I'm crazy
'Cause you don't think I know what you've done
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one

He sat down next to you, making you shift uncomfortably and turn your head away from him. "Please, I didn't mean anything," he said, reaching out for you. You pulled away. "I want you back." You turned towards him as he spoke, making your eyes widen at the words; I want you back.

You've been so unavailable
Now sadly I know why
Your heart is unobtainable
Even though Lord knows you kept mine

Your chest ached as you tried to shut him out, but he wasn't going away. It wasn't until the teacher came in and the class went silent when you began to find peace. Class wasn't a wonderful distraction, but it helped you focus on anything except him. Because it's hard to forget about the person that you fell in love with.

You say I'm crazy
'Cause you don't think I know what you've done
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one

"Let's talk about what being healthy means," the teacher said with a smile. "What does being healthy mean to you?" He asked the class, everyone remained silent until you found yourself raising your hand. You always answered questions, and not answering this one felt like you were letting Dylan get to you. Well, he was, but no one had to know that. So you kept your head high, along with your raised hand.

"(Y/n) you think you have an answer for us?"

I have loved you for many years
Maybe I am just not enough
You've made me realize my deepest fears
By lying and tearing us up

"By not ever getting sick, and—"

"Healthy can have lots of definitions sir," Dylan interrupted you but didn't mean anything by it. The teacher raised his eyebrow.

"I don't like how you cut off (y/n) so rudely, but I like the point you made. Continue?"

Dylan looked over at you and you kept your gaze straight ahead. "Well... You can be healthy physically, mentally, socially, environmentally, etcetera." He said and the teacher nodded. "There's a lot of ways in which you can be healthy."

"Right."

[Chorus x2]
You say I'm crazy
'Cause you don't think I know what you've done
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one

When class ended you grabbed your books and headed straight to the hallway, only to be stopped a couple feet down by Dylan. "Let me explain. Don't I at least get that? A chance to explain?" He asked and you decided he was right, and maybe his explanation would give you some forgiveness for him.

"Fine. But if I say stop talking, stop talking," he looked a little confused but nodded along anyway.

I know I'm not the only one
And I know
And I know
And I know
And I know
And I know
And I know, no
I know I'm not the only one

"I didn't know how much I cared about you until I told you I never wanted to see you again." Great start, you thought to yourself but didn't comment. "And when I said that I wasn't thinking straight, I was caught up in my future and didn't see you in it at the time. And with you I feel imperfect, like I always mess up. But," there was more? "I love you. You're beautiful, thoughtful, passionate about the things you love and always fight back. So please, forget about my stupid self and give the new me a try?"

You were just about to say yes until a brown-haired girl walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his torso. "Hey babe," she purred into his ear and you thought you were going to be sick. "We going to do fun stuff tonight like yesterday?"

She was pushed off by him and you held up your hand before he could come any closer, his brown eyes protesting what you were going to say next. You took a deep breath and faked a smile, "I'm glad you broke up with me. Otherwise I would never of been able to leave you on my own, and now I realize it's the best thing that I–you–ever did for me."

A few students gasped but all you did was take one last glance at him, trying not to show how badly you wanted to wipe that look of hurt off his face. Believing what he said was all an act would make separating from him easier.

And you wanted things easy.

A/n: so this is one of the imagines I didn't get finished in my other book. Expect more to come! (:

Thanks for all the votes and wonderful comments!!