Run With You

Kopa

Last night...

I was coming back to Pride Rock after sneaking left over dinner to my friends Kam and Chris. It's been going on three weeks now doing this and I am TIRED. I can't keep going on. The pride soon will find out. Eventually I'll have to tell Kam and Chris.

I was walking up Pride Rock then stopped halfway. I hear voices, one familiar one.

Vitani...

It sounds like she's arguing with someone. I walk up a few more steps and see Vitani standing outside the cave talking to a auburn fur dark brown mane lion. It's the future King a.k.a her brother. I stood there silent, listening to their loud argument.

"What do you mean? That's crazy talk! You have everything here." He said.

"Yeah, like what?" Vitani asks.

"You know. Food, water, new friends, a better home and a family!" I say. "Why leave all of that behind?"

Vitani turned away from him. "Kovu these are your new friends and family. Not mines..."

Kovu looks confused. "Tani, what are you talking about?"

"It's everything you ever wanted. You always wanted to be with the Princess right? Well now you have it. Along with marriage and cubs. What a perfect life!"

"Vitani, you don't have to ever feel alone. There's plenty of guys here you can try talking to. What about uh that Kopa guy?"

Me? Why is my name brought up??

"It's not just that! Ugh, you don't understand..."

"Understand what?" Kovu asks.

"Your life has always been perfect Kovu. You were mother's favorite. She always spoiled you and gave you attention. Not to mention, you were the future King too! She never paid me or Nuka any mind. She only used us as servants." Vitani frowned.

His eyes sadden. "Tani..."

"No Kovu!" She snapped.

Kovu sat there silent.

"You have everything here. Now it's time for me to move on and hopefully start a fresh chapter."

"Vitani don't go, please!"

"Why?"

Vitani finally turn around and face her brother again.

"You're the only sibling I have that's alive. I'll miss you! We have always been close since cub hood. You were my best friend."

"I know..."

"So stay!"

Her eyes fill up with tears. "Kovu I can't!"

Kovu growled with irritation. "You have nephews here who love and adore you everyday. I remember when they were first born and how happy you was to become an aunt. Why throw that all away?"

"Look I have to do this okay!"

"Fine, just go!"

Vitani cried running pass me down Pride Rock. Kovu roar with anger.

Wow...