Out Lands

Makosa

"Stupid Heri! He always get the attention in everything. It's not fair."

I growl as I continue wondering around the Pride Lands.

"I was just trying to impress mom and dad my fighting skills. That Heri ruined it!" I say to myself, frowning.

I look down and saw a rock. I kicked it watching it fly over the grass.

"Ouch!" Someone shout.

Oops, I must of hit someone...

I ran to the direction of the shout. "Hello? Is someone there??"

"Yeah...who's asking?"

"It is I, Prince Makosa!"

I couldn't really see who the animal was due to the tall grass and the fact that I'm really short. So I stood waiting on the path.

"Come out and show yourself." I said.

A small slender lion cub walked out of the grass. She has creamy fur with hazel eyes and a hair tuff on top of her head. I remember seeing her before at Pride Rock. She was talking to my mom one time with auntie Tiifu. (She's not really my aunt, but she likes for me and Heri to call her that since she's real close to our mom). This cub must be her daughter because they look pretty similar.

She shares the same colors as auntie Tiifu, except auntie Tiifu has green eyes with freckles. This cub looks a bit younger than me.

"Hi!" She smiled.

"Hey. I am sorry that I um...threw that rock at you. It was an accident!" I say, apologetic.

"It's okay. Everyone makes mistakes! I can't believe I am talking to a Prince."

She circles around me. "My mama use to always tell me to stay away from the royal family meaning give them their space. I'm not sure why. But she is close to the future Queen. That's your mama right?"

I nod. "Yeah."

"Cool! My name is Bahiya. What's yours?"

"Makosa, nice to meet-"

Bahiya pinned me down on the ground. She laughed while I laid there clueless.

"Haha, I win!"

"Hey that's cheating I wasn't ready!"

I smirk pawing at Bahiya's face. She lean down biting on my neck gently.

(Author's Note: For anyone who wants to know the meaning of Bahiya's name, it means "Beautiful" and "Dazzling" 😁.)

I used my back paws to kick Bahiya off me. I got up quick and growled. Bahiya crouch down growling too. We eye each other then both ran up. I pounce landing successfully on Bahiya causing the us to roll around.

"Whoaaaaa!!" Bahiya yelled.

"Aaaaah!!" I yelled.

Once we had stop rolling, Bahiya was on top of me again which means she won.

"What? No fair!" I frowned.