Mouse Problem

Kion

"There you go mam. Your cub is now safe!" Said Fuli.

Fuli the cheetah handed a leopard mother her cub back. Her cub was stuck hanging over a cliff. Luckily our guard team came just in time.

"Mommy!" The cub squeal.

"Never run off like that again, okay? I was worried sick!" Said the mother leopard, while hugging her cub.

She looks at us and smile. "Thank you, guard team! Today I could have lost my son."

I nod and pat the cub's head smiling. "No problem miss. Helping others is what we do best!"

The cub giggle. "I want to be a part of the guard too!"

Beshte the hippo laughed. "Awwwww cute!"

"Maybe when your more older. Okay?" Said Ono the bird, who winked at him.

"Yeah. Then we will think about it!" Said Bunga the badger.

The cub smiled.

"Come on mister, it's time for your bath!" Said the mother leopard.

"Oh mom!" The cub groan.

The leopard pick up her cub by the scruff and walked off heading inside the tall grass.

I chuckle remembering the time when i didn't enjoy my own mother's baths.

"What's funny Kion?" Fuli ask.

"Oh nothing. I'm just remembering a time when I was a cub. I didn't like baths either. Kiara had always loved them."

"Well duh, she's a girl!" Said Bunga.

"Uh, I don't think gender has to do with anything Bunga. I'm a guy and I love baths." Said Beshte.

Ono rolled his eyes. "That's because your a hippo! You've been in water basically your whole entire life. Kion is a cat. Most cats do not like water."

Fuli nods. "Yeah, cause I cannot stand getting wet especially in the rain. I take cover quick!"

"Eeeeeeeeek!!!!" A voice yells.

My ears twitch. "What in the world was that?"

"Sounds like trouble again." Said Bunga.

"Let's find out!" Said Fuli, leading the way.

Fuli being the fastest out of everyone in the Pride Lands, she sprints ahead.

"Ono, tell me what you see above!" I said.

Ono flies up to the sky. He has the best sight out of everyone in the Pride Lands. "I see a lioness high up in a tree. She looks frighten but I don't see of what."

Hmmm...

"There she is!" Bunga points.

We all race up to the tree.

"Oh, Prince Kion! Thank god you are here." She said.

"Why are you up there?" Beshte ask.

"Im hiding from something."

"From what?" Fuli asks.

She gulps, "A mouse."

I laugh. "Are you kidding me?"

"What?"

"Seriously a mouse?"

A little brown mouse comes out from the tall grass.

"Eeeeek! There it goes, kill it!!" The lioness screams.

I roll my eyes. I stomp my paw on the mouse and lift it up gently by the tail.

"Please don't eat me your majesty!" The mouse pleaded.

"Your majesty? I am not the King. That's my father! Hehe, I'm Prince Kion."

"Oh, sorry. You look so much like Simba. I didn't mean to cause any harm. I was looking for seeds for my family. I'll leave now!"

I smile and sat the mouse back down. "Relax little guy, I am not hungry. Run along now!"

The mouse sped off. I look up at the tree.

"Everything is clear. You can come down!"

"A-Are you sure?" She asks.

I roll my eyes. "Yes. Now stop being a cub!"

The lioness jumps down from the tree landing on her four paws successfully. She shakes out her fur. She has fawn color fur (meaning yellowish tan), maroon colored eyes, her nose is black unlike the Pride Landers it's shaped thin and curved downward on either end just like the Outsiders.

"Who are you?" I ask. "I've never seen you here before."

"My name is Aala. I was a member of Zira's pride. I now stay here with your father's acceptance. I know your Prince Kion. All of the pride lionesses brag about you."

"They do?"

She snorts. "Yeah, such fan girls!"

I stuck out my chest proudly. Fuli roll her eyes while Ono shook his head.

"Too bad your not future King though. Your sister seems to be next in line for the throne."

"She is and I'm fine with that. The Lion Guard is where I belong. They need my help!"

Aala chuckles. "I see. Well, I better go and find what my family is up to. It was nice talking to the Prince for the first time. Bye!"

We wave good bye.

"Saving girls from mice, huh Kion?" Beshte smirks.

"What? Don't be so ridiculous!" I say, pawing at his face.

"It does seem like you have small interest in that lioness. You couldn't stop staring at her eyes." Said Bunga.

"Guys, no one isn't falling in love. I don't need a lioness right now. The guard team is what I need." I said, firmly.

Fuli circles around me then walks away. "If you say so Kion. Just remember mating season is coming up. It would be a shame to be left out."

The rest of the team followed behind Fuli. I stayed put watching them go. I don't need a mate! I am completely fine being by myself. I tilt my head high and walk off going the opposite direction back to Pride Rock.