When Hunting Goes Bad

Aala

I can't believe it. I met the Prince! I probably looked like an complete fool in front of him with that whole mouse scene.

Ugh, so embarrassing!

"Aala where were you?" Asked my mother. "The three of us were suppose to hunt together."

"I was talking to the Prince. Sorry mother for being so late!" I said, apologetic.

My sister gasps. "The Prince?!"

"Yeah."

I lay down joining the breakfast meal my mother and sister had caught.

"Oh my gosh you are like soooooo lucky!"

I swallow a piece of bloody meat. "Why does all the girls go crazy over him? He's just a guy."

My sister wave her tail in my face. "Not just a guy. A very cute Prince! I bet he's searching for a Queen. I'll be the first in line."

I smack her tail out of my face with annoyance. "Bibi, Kion isn't next in line for the throne. His sister Kiara is. She's future Queen. Since her and Kovu are now engaged, he's going to be the next King."

Bibi sat down and pouted her lips. "Darn it!"

Mother nuzzles her. "Now Bibi, I'm sure there's other male lions in the Pride Lands that'll catch your eye. Kion isn't the only one dear."

"I know, mother. It's just that mating season is coming soon and I don't want to be the only lioness without a mate. But your right. I'll keep looking!"

"That's my girl."

They smile. Mother turns around and look at me.

"What about you Aala?" She asks.

I had just finished eating. I'm licking my paws and muzzle clean. "I haven't really thought of mates just yet. When the right time comes I'm sure it'll happen. I don't need a guy to care of me. I can take care of myself!"

"Oh really?" Mother smirks.

"Yep."

"If that's the case, then go hunt."

"What! Now?"

She nodded. "Yes, Aala. Since you missed out with us earlier."

I got up with a groan. "Fine."

I walk away heading off to the hunting grounds where Kiara had shown me and the other pride members yesterday. She claim all the best prey comes here.

I scan my maroon colored eyes across the wide open plains. Herds of buffalo are feasting on the wet grass. It must of rain here last night. I quietly move close avoiding every stick and rock below.

Old female...

Distant from the herd...

Limp left back leg...

Perfect...

My eyes are now locked on my target. I growl pouncing into the air. The herd runs off leaving their old female behind to her death. She tries to escape but is too weak to follow them. So she stays and try to fight me one on one with her sharp horns.

I quickly dodge her few attacks. Her horns could easily poke my eye out or worst cause an open wound on any part of my body. The tables now have turned. She charges at me. I make a fast run for it.

"Aaaah!" I yell.

RAAAAAAWR!!!!

I stop running and turn around seeing Kion tackle the old female buffalo down.

"Hey, that's mines!" I frown.

Kion instantly crushed her wind pipe with his strong jaws. She lays there dead. I walk up shoving him.

"What are you doing?!"

"Helping you."

"I don't need any help. I was doing just fine." I said.

Kion licks the blood off his lips. He grins, "Are you sure about that? Seems to me you were being chased."

"I was going to fight back!"

"Sure..."

I pick up the buffalo by its leg with my mouth, dragging it off back to where my mother and sister are.

"Aren't you going to thank me?" He asks.

I roll my eyes. "Thanks..."

He laughs shaking his head and walks the opposite direction away from me.

Tuh, males...