Yoga Class

"But I don't wanna go to a stupid yoga class!" I told my sister exasperatedly from the backseat of her friend Annabeth's car

"You need to get out more," Hazel stated. "You're always up in your room, on Tumblr or some website. Besides, one class won't hurt you."

"Yes it will," I argued. "It's for girls."

"No, it's not," Annabeth said from the driver's seat. "Guys do yoga too."

"Yeah, losers who have nothing better to do," I muttered.

"Nico, please, for me?" Hazel gave me her pouty face that I couldn't look at. "Please?"

"No," I replied monotonously, staring out the window.

"Too bad, you're going to anyways."

"But I don't wanna," I whined, throwing back my head against the back of the seat and looking at the ceiling of the car.

"And there he goes again," Piper mumbled to herself in the passenger seat.

Piper and I were on the same boat. Both of us didn't want to go to yoga, it was for sissies and losers, excluding Hazel and Annabeth. She would rather be playing Pokémon GO on her phone, or something, but no, Annabeth wanted her to go, too.

I dug my fingernails into the interior as the car pulled up in the parking lot of the gym. I couldn't help but to let out yet another groan, as everyone else suppressed a sigh. Hazel opened her door and closed it behind her, walking around to my side. I locked the door from the inside, so she couldn't open it. She growled at me.

"Nico, I swear," she said under her breath, after attempting to open the car door. "This can go the easy way or the hard way, and you definitely don't want this going the hard way." I dug my fingernails even more so in my seat as a response, burrowing my back into the seat. "The hard way it is, then."

Annabeth unlocked the doors again, and before I could lock it again, Hazel pulled open the door and started to pull on my arm to get me out of the car.

"No!" I protested, pulling back. In response to my stubbornness, her fingers wrapped around a strand of my dark hair and started to pull on it. "Ow! Okay, fine, I'm coming, I'm coming."

I got out of the car and Hazel began pulling on my hair toward the gym. Annabeth and Piper trailed behind us, holding our yoga mats.

"Ow, ow, ow! Hazel! Fine, I'll go! Stop pulling my hair!"

She let go of my hair, forming an iron grip on my wrist instead, which was surprising, considering her size, but I've long ago learned not to underestimate my sister.

We eventually neared the front door after walking across the parking lot and went inside. It looked like a normal place, with a lobby that had leather couches, tables, magazines, and some decorative plants. It smelled nice, like a new towel. I was pulled by my sister to the front desk, the secretary greeting us in a kind voice. Hazel let go of my wrist, and I rubbed the sore, red skin on it that she caused by dragging me in there. Despite my sore wrist, I was silently hoping that we weren't in the records and had to come back another time, so that I could plan to be busy that day.