Rebuilt

"Sam?" I said, sitting down next to her in English with Mr Clarkson. She looked at me. "What would it take for you to take Finn back?"
"What?" she asked, horrified. "I'm not taking him back."
"Come on, you gave me a second chance," I said.
"That was different."
"Yeah, it was. I was horrible to you. I blamed you. I  attacked you. Finn only gave me a hard time, not you."
"I'm not taking him back, Jake."
"At least give him a chance? For me?"
"What do you mean for me?"
"I've forgiven him. It would be better if he could hang around with us without getting dirty looks," I pointed out.
"The others though," she pointed out.
"They follow your lead. Just give it a go?" I half begged, but she didn't answer.

I left the class with Sam.
"Finn!" she shouted ahead to him. He was a couple of people in front of us.
"Yeah?" said Finn, spinning round to face us.
"I'm having a party tonight. You guys can both come if you want," she smiled.
"Sure, I'll be there," smiled Finn.
"If you can think of something good to tell Graham," I sighed, as Mr Mead entered the corridor.
"Jake!" he said loudly, just to get my attention.
"Yes," I sighed.
"That was social services on the phone. They found you a place with a foster family near the school," he said.
"Nice," I said, smiling at Sam.
"And they are willing to take Ethan too," he smiled.
"Really?" I grinned, and he nodded. "Nice one. Thanks, sir."
"No worried," said Mr Mead, then he paused. "Aren't you two supposed to be in detention?" I looked at Finn and we both smirked. "I'll walk you there," he sighed.

"I told you I could do it for you," I smirked to Finn as we walked into the cooler.
"Yeah, I owe you one," he smiled.
"Don't worry about it. I bet you'll blow it before long," I laughed.
"What?" asked Finn.
"You'll probably try to get in her pants too quickly."
"Hey! Boys!" shouted Mr Mead, as he logged the detention files.
"Nah, Sam will be well keen for this fine specimen," joked Finn.
"Of course," I smirked.
"Watch what you're saying lads," informed Mr Mead.
"Tenner says I can get a shag and keep my relationship with Sam before you just get a shag," said Finn.
"You're on," I nodded. He spat on his hand and stuck it out for me to shake, and I did so.
"Come on boys, silence please," said Mr Mead. We both laughed. "Jake, you sit down here," and reluctantly I complied, slouching at the front and folding my arms. I was laughing to myself and I could tell Mr Mead was trying not to laugh at us.

Finally, I thought to myself, everything was going to be alright. Not amazing, and by no means perfect, but it would be alright.

THE END