Busted

At the end of the school day I snuck down into the boiler room. There was £40 left in a pile next to the remaining bottles of alcohol. I smiled to myself, before shoving all the bottles in my bag and putting the money in my trouser pocket. After all, I didn't want a cleaner to find all the stuff and remove it. Then, I cracked open the door to the boiler room, checked the coast was clear, and quickly left the school for home, stopping off at the supermarket on the way.

As soon as I got home I checked on dad. He was sound asleep in his arm chair, and although he couldn't help me clean the house, at least he wasn't drunk. Quietly, so I did not wake him up, I shut his door, and got out the hoover, starting with the downstairs. I had been hoovering for about ten minutes when Ethan walked in.
"What are you doing?" he asked. I turned off the hoover.
"Cleaning," I stated as if it was obvious. He sniggered.
"Why now? You never usually bother."
"We've got visitors, tomorrow. Need to impress them."
"Who's them though?" he snapped.
"Social services, okay?" I barked back. "We need to show them everything is good here."
"But is it?" he sighed, slumping on the sofa.
"It is, yeah! We need dad, just like he needs us!" I shouted back. Ethan was about to reply when his phone went off in his pocket. He quickly pulled it out his pocket, read the text and smiled. "Who is it?" I demanded.
"No one," he replied, so I snatched it out his hand.
"Do you want to come for tea?" I read. "Sam, and a kiss." I glared at him. "You're not going."
"Why not?" he moaned.
"Because you've got to hoover," I stated bluntly, shoving the hoover at him. He groaned. "Get on with it." I waited till he had begun hoovering before leaving the room and going into the kitchen. I dialed Sam's number, and waited whilst it rung.

Sambuca answered. "Ethan!" she exclaimed, excitedly.
"Nah, it's Jake," I answered bluntly.
"Stealing his phone now are we?" I rolled my eyes.
"What's it got to do with you?"
"Like I said, just looking out for him," she stated bluntly.
"He doesn't need you," I snapped.
"Well who else has he got?"
"Me, dad."
"You do nothing for Ethan. And there's something up with your dad, I know it. Ethan nearly told me, and when he does, I'm going to sort it," she stated.
"There's nothing to sort!" I snapped back. 
"I'll see about that," she said, simplistically. I hung up, and chucked the phone across the room in anger.

The next day it was announced during registration that there was to be a whole school assembly during first period. I was stood outside the hall with Harry and Finn, who was sort of glaring at me, when Denzil approached us.
"What's up, wee man?" asked Finn.
"I've got some stuff, if you're interested," smiled Denzil.
"What sort of stuff," smiled Finn.
"Smirnoff, cider and some other stuff, £10 a bottle," he answered. I looked at Finn and Harry.
"I'm in," said Harry, pulling a £10 note out of his wallet. At this point, Sambuca began to walk over, but she stopped before she reached us.
"Sound," answered Denzil, taking the money from Harry, and slipping him the bottle.
"Denzil!" shouted Sam, across the foyer. "What are you doing?" Denzil froze. The bottle half in his hand, half in Harry's. The commotion caused the kids around us to fall silent, and caught Mrs Fisher and Mr Mead's attention.

"Harry?" shouted Mrs Fisher in shock. Harry looked up at her, silently, clearly slightly scared.
"Where did you get this?" snapped Mr Mead, snatching the bottle from their hands. Nobody answered.
"He sold me it," blurted Harry, putting his hands in the air, showing he was not to blame.
"This true?" demanded Mr Mead. I looked at Finn, and we both remained quiet. "The four of you, to the cooler, now!"
"What have I done?" I shouted back. Mr Mead glared at me.
"Jake, go!" he shouted.
"I've done nothing wrong," I laughed. He squared up to me.
"Less of the attitude, now walk," he whispered fiercely into my ear. I tutted, then walked off, just behind Harry, Mr Mead along side me, and Denzil in front of him.
"But there's been a mistake," said Sam frantically, running to catch up with Mr Mead.
"I really hope so, Sam," said Mr Mead. "Look, we'll get to the bottom of this, now go into the assembly." Sam sighed, hopelessly, before looking at Denzil, then glancing at me. I smirked back, and saw her eyes changed. She looked angry with me, then turned and went into the hall.

When we got to the cooler, Mr Mead went in first.
"Mr Clarkson," he sighed. "Got something for you to sort out here." I felt Mr Clarkson's glare descend upon me. Mr Mead then filled him in on what had happened in a hushed voice, before heading for the door. "You lot, don't get yourself in any more bother," he added, then left.
"So," began Mr Clarkson, when the door was shut. "What have you got to say for yourselves?" Nobody spoke, and he walked over to stand over Harry and I's desk. He glared at Harry, until he cracked.
"I only bought it, don't know a thing about it."
"Buying it is still illegal, you should know that."

"Sorry," he answered, looking away. Mr Clarkson then glared at me.
"I weren't selling it!" I snapped. Mr Clarkson grabbed my bag and riffled through it, before pulling me up by the collar and checking my pockets. He let go of me as soon as he was finished. "Told you," I smirked.
"So who was?" He shouted, walking to the front of the class. Denzil was sat there, keeping his eyes down. I could tell he was shaking slightly. "Stand up!" he shouted. Slowly Denzil stood up, and Mr Clarkson went through his pockets, pulling out a load of cash.

"Where did this come from?" he barked.
"I-I-I" stuttered Denzil, as Mr Clarkson whipped his bag from under the table. He heard the bottles banging together, and ripped open the bag. He then furiously put it back down, and glared at Denzil. "I'm really sorry, sir," he whimpered, before slumping back in his chair and putting his head in his hands.
"I don't think it really cuts it, does it?" Mr Clarkson shouted back. He then bent down to Denzil's level, and hissed into his ear. "You know what this stuff does. You more than anyone. How could you be stupid enough to think this was a good idea?"
"I just," began Denzil.
"No!" shouted Mr Clarkson. "Save it for Mrs Fisher. You'll be lucky if you don't get expelled for this!" He then grabbed him by the back of his jacket and half dragged him to the door. Before leaving us, he turned to the rest of us. "Don't you dare go anywhere!"