Falling

It was break time, and Harry, Finn and I had been let out of the cooler. I was walking down the corridor with Harry when Sambuca approached us.
"Where's Denzil?" she demanded.
"How should we know," I shrugged.
"Well, you were with him," she sighed.
"Mr Clarkson took him away, could be anywhere," I smirked.
"Why?"
"He admitted to selling the alcohol," I stated, bluntly.
"What have you done to him?" she shouted, walking closer to Harry and I.
"Nothing," answered Harry.
"He sold it to us, remember?" I snapped.
"Urgh, whatever," she said, marching off.
"Yeah, so maybe you should sort out your own brother's life before meddling with mine!" I shouted after her. She stopped in her tracks.

"I knew it were something to do with you!" she shouted back.
"I haven't done nothing," I laughed. She glared at me, then marched back and slapped me across the face, so I fell to the floor by Harry's side. Everyone around us erupted into cheers, as Mr Mead came down the corridor.
"What on earth?" shouted Mr Mead, running towards us. Sambuca made  dash for it, and I propped myslef up on my elbows. "I might have known," he said rolling his eyes, when he saw me on the floor. He offered me his hand, and pulled me up to my feet.
"It's Sambuca, she's lost it," I said quickly.
"Well where is she?" 
"She ran that way," said Harry, pointing down the corridor.
"I'll go try find her. Harry, you take Jake to the nurse's office," he said. Harry began to lead me away, when Mr Mead grabbed his arm. "Oh, and Harry, try stay clear of the trouble makers for the rest of the day. I don't think your mother is too happy about what you were up to earlier today." I pulled a face at Mr Mead, as it was obvious he was referring to me as a trouble maker.

Harry and I were sat in the nurse's office, waiting for her to return from getting some wipes. Presently, we were joined by Kyle.
"Heard you got floored by a girl," he smirked.

"Come to laugh, have we?" I said, holding a bit of cotton wool to my nose.
"What is it with you and Sam?" he asked.
"She's an interfering cow," I stated.
"She means well," interrupted Harry.
"Yeah, she's a nice girl," added Kyle.
"You two are worse than Mead," I laughed. They smiled too.
"Well, what are you going to do about her?" said Kyle.
"Two steps ahead of you," I smirked. "Can you cover for me when the nurse gets back? Just say I went to the toilet," I added, grabbing my bag.

I ran down to the boiler room, and took the remaining bottles of alcohol. After all, I didn't want to lose the lot when Denzil admitted to finding them there. I found another hiding place for them, behind the outside bins, then headed back to the nurse's room. The nurse had returned, and was joined by Mr Mead.
"Where have you been?" he asked, as I walked through the door.
"Not illegal to need the toilet?" I answered.
"Sit down," he snapped. I did so, and the nurse proceeded to put a dressing on the part of my face Sam had hit.
"All done," said the Nurse. Mr Mead smiled at her.
"Do you mind if I have a private chat with Jake here?" he asked.
"Not a problem," she answered, heading out the door.
"Boys," prompted Mr Mead, looking at Harry and Kyle.
"See ya, Jake," smiled Harry.
"Oh, Harry, I'm coming to have a chat with you later," he added. Harry rolled his eyes, and they left.

I touched the sore bit of my face.
"That painful," he asked, sitting on the edge of the chair, by my feet. I shrugged. There was a small silence. "Your dad okay about the visit?" 
"He doesn't see why it's necessary, but yeah, I guess so," I answered.
"Okay, well, best of luck," he smiled, getting up and heading for the door. I followed him.
"Why do we need luck? It's fine," I snapped in his face.
"Right, I see," he sighed, leaving. I shook my head, agitated by him, then headed off in the opposite direction. After a short while, I bumped into Ethan.
"What happened to your face?" he asked, shocked.
"It was Sam," I said, bluntly.
"No way. Sam wouldn't," he backtracked.
"Seems like you don't know her as well as you thought!"
"But she's kind, caring," he continued.
"No, she's ill-tempered and interfering!"
"That's not Sam. You must have done something?"
"I didn't Ethan, okay!" I snapped, getting annoyed. "Ah, speak of the devil," I smirked, as she walked towards us.

"Sam!" said Ethan running towards her. "Sam, you didn't hit Jake, did you?"
"Look, Ethan, I did, okay, and I'm sorry. But he deserved it. He screwed Denzil over." I could see the look in Ethan's eyes changing. Then Sam looked up at me. "Go on, off you go," she continued, ushering him away. "But remember what I said." He smiled at her, then ran off.
"I thought I told you to leave him alone!" I barked.
"I'm not scared of you," she laughed. I grabbed her by the collar and pushed her backwards against the wall. She winced in pain.
"Now you listen to me. Don't you think you've got your hands full, getting Denzil out of the mess he's in, huh? So maybe you should back off Ethan a bit, you know, before Denzil gets expelled," I hissed. She looked horrified. "Yeah, that's right. Unless he can say who gave him the alcohol, he'll be out of here. Mr Clarkson said so himself. So why don't you run along at sort Denzil out," I smirked, shoving her in the direction of the office.