Chapter Seventeen | Training

"No matter how long you train someone to be brave, you never know if they are or not until something real happens."

~Veronica Roth, Insurgent

>>•<<

Once Miko and Rafael got the hang of transformation, it wasn't long before they could do it as smoothly and quickly as walking. It was already a natural part of their body function, they just needed to be aware of how to utilize it. Miko did indeed have mace-like weapons for forceful hitting, as well as guns for long-distance destruction. Because of her current knowledge of some type of fighting style, she was able to learn basic defense maneuvers rather quickly.

Rafael struggled more in that area. Though he had guns and blades, he was a timid boy, and didn't like the thought of fighting. Bumblebee gave him many words of encouragement while they also practice defensive maneuvers, but it was clear that Raf was not made for physical warfare. Though he was not created to naturally connect to technology like Soundwave, Ratchet was more than happy to teach him more Cybertronian and how to use their computers more efficiently.

If anything, Raf was always useful with the computers. As they constantly reassured him, not everyone was made for battle. They could use someone at the base to run things while they went out and kicked tailpipe.

And that was important, as now Optimus wanted everyone to return to their original prerogative: track down the Decepticons and stop them from unearthing more Predacon bones.

"Hey, you think I can transform into my alt mode and fly around some?" Miko asks eagerly.

"Not in here, you won't!" Ratchet waves a finger at her. "And you best not be doing it outside where a bunch of humans can see you!"

"It's probably best if you don't for now, Miko." Bulkhead says gently. "We should focus on attacks and such first, before you start with the more complicated things."

"It's not easy the first couple of times." Wheeljack adds helpfully from where he was leaning against the wall. He had bounced back from near-death rather quickly, though Ratchet still insisted that he not strain himself, and definitely not go on any missions.

Miko pouted at that, hanging her head slightly so that the pieces of metal that looked almost exactly like her pony-tails move a little. "But I want to go on missions with you guys! Since Wheeljack isn't allowed out of the base, I could help you guys hunt!"

"That is a definitive no." Ratchet exclaims. "Who knows if the Decepticons put trackers on you? Or if the Decepticons with which you share a spark can find you after you leave the shielding of the base? You two are not allowed out of here until we get both of those things fixed!"

Miko crossed her arms. "How do you plan to fix the spark thing? I thought you said it could kill us?"

"I'm trying to test whether or not a transfer would work. Because if it could, then I could link you to an Autobot instead."

The girl leaped up with delight. "Could I share a spark with Bulk?! That would be so cool!"

"Possibly." The medic grunts. "If Bulkhead is willing."

"Of course I'd want to do it, doc." Bulkhead replies proudly. "She's my partner after all!"

Bumblebee beeped and chittered his agreement, stating that he too would do the same for Rafael if he could.

Arcee folded her arms over her chest and slightly squeezed herself. Bulkhead and Bumblebee were so willing . . . She loved Jack as a partner, she really did, but she didn't think she could commit to parting with a piece of herself, even if it meant that Jack would forever be safe from Megatron. Selfishly, she knew that Optimus would be more than willing to give the boy a piece, and even Smokescreen as well.