Chapter Twenty Two | Negotiations

"Willingness to meet halfway works well only if we are able to judge distance accurately."

~Faisal Khosa

>>•<<

Miko made it to the ship just in time; if she had been any earlier or later, she would have been caught by Starscream. But as luck would have it, she managed to arrive soon enough to not get caught, and when the Seeker had his guard down. Literally; as he conversed with the Vehicons while she hid atop Ultra Magnus' ship, Starscream took off the Apex Armour and set it aside, his pride having been wounded by the foot soldiers with him.

Come on, come on. She prodded, needing to get aboard. Unfortunately, there was only one way in and out of that ship, and due to her size she would be spotted immediately if she wasn't sneaky enough. I guess that's one con of not being human anymore. Too big.

An explosion suddenly rocked the ground and rattled the ship, coming from where Bulkhead and Shovel were trapped, fear stabbed through her spark, but she didn't lose hope. Cybertronians were tough, especially Bulk. They had to be alright.

"Oh, that'll do some damage." The Decepticon sneered, the two Seeker-type Vehicons that accompanied him just as distracted as him with the explosion. Miko seized the chance, standing up to leap onto the platform-

Her ped squeaked on an unsteady piece of metal, immediately snapping the attention of the three Decepticons to her.

"The experiment! Seize her!" Starscream yelled, pointing at the girl. The two Vehicons leaped into action, climbing up the ship to reach her. Miko brought out her guns and began firing, trying to not hit the ship while she took out the Vehicons.

Shots from below hit her and damaged her shields, her armor able to take the hits, but it left her distracted and unable to fire back. Running blindly in a desperate attempt to escape the Vehicons and Starscream, her optics caught the Armour.

Perfect!

Leaping from the top of the ship, she landed on the ground beside it and snatched the Armour as she went rolling, placing it on her chest. Immediately, the relic attached itself to her, reading her body size and type and adapting accordingly, the Autobot femme grinning when she saw the horrified realization on Starscream's face.

"Three to one isn't really fair." She taunted. "So I thought I'd even the odds-" her gloating was cut short as something fell on top of her head, landing with a thunk and rolling to Starscream's pedes.

"Well what do you know, it does fetch." Starscream muttered to himself.

Miko looked up to see the looming presence of the Predacon above her, shrinking a bit as it shrieked.

"Scrap."

Without any command or provocation, the Predacon dived on her, it's claws ripping at the Apex Armour as it tried to shred her to pieces. The other Autobots were nowhere to be seen, much to Starscream's satisfaction, and for once the Predacon seemed to obey his orders. Today was a good day.

"Starscream!"

Was a good day.

"Yes, my lord?" He asked, still feeling quite smug about the Predacon.

"Have you located the Predacon bone?" Megatron demanded, servos clasped behind his back.

"Yes, and the Predacon is subduing one of the missing experiments as we speak." Starscream observed the eye that was retrieved, wait I g for some kind of praise from his master.