Chapter Thirteen | Nowhere To Go

"Anywhere seems nowhere, yet somewhere seems everywhere."

~Anonymous

>>•<<

Wheeljack tilted his head up as the doors opened, cocky smile returning to his face as he spotted the shining silver armor of Megatron in the dim light.

"Still coming back for more?" Wheeljack smirked. "I know now that Shockwave has finished his experiment with the humans. You wouldn't dare hurt Miko beyond repair now, because she's important to that experiment, am I right?"

Megatron regarded him with shining red optics, a low chuckle escaping the mech. "I suppose you are right, I have no intentions of harming the girl. But she knows something, doesn't she?"

The doors open again, as if waiting for a dramatic reveal, a struggling pink and black Cybertronian writhing in the servos of Soundwave, familiar cries and sounds of determination escaping her mouth.

"Miko . . .?" Wheeljack looked at her in disbelief. But when she looked up at him, faceplates arranged in an expression he knew very well, all doubt was cast from his processor.

"Wheeljack!" She shouts, tugging against Soundwave. "Whatever you do, don't let them-"

"Wheeljack has nothing to worry about when it comes to you, Miko Nakadai." Megatron loudly interrupts her shouting, his own voice trumping hers. "But you, however, have everything to worry about when it comes to him." With a triumphant grin on his face, Megatron stalked over to the prisoner.

"What are you-" Miko was cut short when Megatron's fist slammed into Wheeljack's face, the metal crumpling beneath the force, denting into an ambiguous shape that somewhat resembled the warlord's knuckles. "Stop! Stop that!"

The Wrecker groaned in pain, spatting out energon. "Is that . . . Really all you've got?"

Megatron hit him again, on the other side this time, seemingly unhurt from the blows he delivered. "If you do not tell me the true location of the base, Miko, I will beat this Wrecker until he is within an inch of his life."

"Go ahead." Wheeljack snarled. "She won't tell you anyways. Us Wreckers don't rat out our friends!"

That earned him a blow to the middle, causing him to gag and wretch, more energon leaking from his mouth. His blue optics shone with an undying light, the Wrecker's resolve not cracking. He still gave her that grin, one that said he was rather enjoying himself, that the pain meant nothing to him, and that she could clear her conscience of any guilt.

But Miko was guilty. Her faceplates shifted into a sad, unbearable expression, unable to leak tears but still acting as if she was about to cry. Wheeljack was her friend, yet she could do nothing to save him.

"Not going to speak, femme?" Megatron bared his dentas at her. "You know what happens if you remain silent."

"She's not gonna talk, Megatron." Wheeljack drawled. "So just cut to the chase and beat me already, like you promised. An inch of my life, remember?"

"I have no patience for this." Megatron unsheathed his blade. "Tell me where the base is, or I will kill him. You have ten seconds, starting now."

Miko looked up at Wheeljack with hopeless optics, the bright blue foreign to him. The way she acted, the way she spoke, however, told him all he needed to know. The real Miko, the human Miko, was still there. Even if they took her body away, her mind still remained.

"It's okay, Miko." Wheeljack smiled. "You were there for Bulk when I couldn't be, and when I was too selfish to be. You're a true Wrecker, something a lot of people don't have the guts to be."