[10] he didn't miss

Maya

"Riley! Tell me everything! Please!" I pleaded with her in a whiny voice as she swung the door open to her room.

She grinned at me, "I'm going to Peaches! I just got home!"

I twiddled my thumbs and frantically kicked my foot, while she set her backpack down, pulled her hair into a bun, and plugged in her phone.

She came over and sat down next to me on the bay window. "Spill it, Riley!"

-

She told me about their talk, and how he said he loved her too. Then, she stopped. 

"Oh, yes!" I squealed. "Wait, is that all?" 

I noticed her cheeks turn plush pink and she got the biggest, nervous smile on her face. 

"What?" I yelled, jumping up and down on her bed.

"He didn't miss this time." She giggled, looking at the ground.

"Wait, what? Oh, wait! Really? He kissed you?"

"Mhmm," She grinned. 

I literally jumped on the bed, screaming at the top of my lungs until the door swung open again and Topanga walked in laughing. "Let me guess. A boy."

I nodded and she put her hand on Riley's, "May I ask who this young man in?"

I responded first, jumping again on the bed, "It's Minkus! Farkle Minkus!"

"What? Really?" She chuckled a bit. "I always saw that."

"See!" I yelled. 

"What? Was it that obvious to you guys all along?" Riley pondered. 

"Yup,"

-

She sat and told Topanga everything, ending it with the sentence, "He didn't miss this time."