Chapter 5

The blizzard stops long ago, Karla doesn't remember when or how. It might have been her doing from before; however, the pain is starting to affect her now. She watches as Luna and Inad separate once again "I am very impressed, Luna" Inad shouts with an amusing ring in his voice "You have no right to say my name" Luna shouts back standing her ground "You haven't gained that amount of respect" She adds shrugging off his amusing stares. Karla can only see straight ahead because of the positive she is in. Everything in her body is starting to scream in pain. She is starting to feel the struggle she put herself through. Luna analyzes Inad at the best of her ability "How did you fight off an Alpha and two Beta's?" Curiosity won in Luna's case. She is trying to gain time for the others to come.

Inad stares at Luna while he chuckles not particularly at her "They are fighting off a Shapeshifter" Luna side glances Karla. She is relieved nobody has tried to take her. She would have seen it coming "Why do you need her? What is it to you?" Luna asks this question to Inad. He seems in a good mood to answer questions. Luna is on ground to defend Karla and herself. He is fighting on rules till now "She is a Papyeon. They were multiple of what she is spread around the world. We have killed a lot of them along the generations of The Hunters" Luna waits patiently for Inad to proceed with his explanation. She is not liking where this is going "In simple words, she is an anomaly. She is destined to die by tearing out her heart out. That's the only way to kill a Fragment" Luna sighs heavily looking at Karla.

She is unable to process what Inad is suggesting. In the small amount of time, Luna has spoken with Karla. She is one of the most generous person she's met. She is easily frightened, but she is the sweetest girl. Karla is able to make anyone look past her fragile state to realize how amazing she truly is. She will make you feel special. Karla has the will to stand next to Richard. Everyone sees her as a part of the pack with or without being our Luna. If she is our Luna, Richard will reign with the best. Luna looks at Inad "You are wrong! Karla is not this Papy- whatever" Inad does not cut eye contact with Luna "Papyeon. It means Fragment" Luna's anger seem to increase as she keeps looking at Inad. She will not let him lay one hand on Karla. She knows his intentions now. There is no reason to hold back anymore.

¨Her existence does not affect me; however, she affects the order of the living. A being that is not supposed to exist can affect life itself" Inad informs Luna as he glances towards Karla. Luna steps between Inad gaze and Karla's form "You should pay attention to your opponent" Luna shouts to Inad gaining him to chuckle "If I wanted to kill you then you already would have died" Luna growls at him "You should not underestimate me" She replies to him with much more fury than before. Luna is not sure if it's anger or she'll be able to transform. They run at each other once again. Luna avoids one of Inad punches going for her face. She punches his chest one then twice. She has had this rhythm since the fight started. She is being careful not to let him punch her.

It's really hard to avoid one of Inad's attacks. He is very slow when he attacks, but she is sure that he makes it up on the strength. She has not seen his strength yet. She will not wait around for him to show her. She has to take Inad down. She needs to get Karla safely out of here. Luna side glances Karla feeling a sadness rush through her. She has no idea what Karla has endured. In the state, Ms. Corestone is obvious a bit later she would have died. Luna does not want to imagine finding Karla without a heartbeat. Loreine would have had Luna's head on the spot. It's not in Luna's bucket list to upset the Corestone's. She would much more prefer peace between the races. Luna steps back in front of her. She is ready to block any of his attacks.

"You can walk away from this, Luna. You can go back home without this affecting you" Inad tries to sweet talk Luna of giving up protecting Karla. He is right in one thing. This is not Luna's fight in any way or form; however, she will not walk away while a friend of her is being sent off to die. Karla does not deserve a brutal death. Even if she is unable to understand the gravity of the problem, Karla deserves much more than this. Luna runs head on to punch Inad. He was not expecting that reaction as Luna's punch makes contact with his right cheek. He is sent back falling on his back. Luna takes deep breath standing up "It may not be my fight or I am way off my league; however, Karla is the only best friend I had. I'll fight to the death if I have too"

Luna takes a few steps back staring at Inad. He is not moving at all. Luna takes this moment to run to Karla. She is sure he is knocked out or something. Karla stares at Luna as she approaches "I'll get you back to the packed house" Luna whispers into Karla's ears as she picks her up. Karla is brought up bridal style into Luna's arms. She stands up running towards the pack's house. Luna runs off at a good steady pace. She did not want to waste any more precious time. She is not sure how long Karla has. She hopes no enemies appear. She comes to a stop in the middle of a path. She looks around seeing a path surrounded by illuminated crystals. She looks behind her to see Inad running to her; however, he is unable to enter the path. The moment he punches the invisible protection. He is send flying back by some kind of electrical pulse.

Luna sighs out of relieved while she holds Karla safely. She looks left and right unsure where to go. She stares at Karla's necklaces one of them is shining brightly. Luna stares at the crystals along the path. They are shining with the same light of the necklace. Luna position Karla a bit different to notice the necklace light pointing right. Luna takes running towards the right. She will not question magic at this very moment. She needs to get her to safety. The path took a few zig zags, but it was protecting them from danger. Luna catches a few of The Runners being unable to enter the path either. They are afraid of the light emitting from the crystals. She is really glad everything will return to normal now.

Luna looks back when she hears a few growls. She stops to notice the ground below her is trembling a bit too much. A smile form on Luna's lips when she sees Andy's pack. Andy stops right next to her "Mind if I mount you?" Luna asks out of habit seeing Andy lying down on the floor. Luna gets on Andy placing Karla down slowly "We need to go back to the pack's house" Andy resumes running through the path. Luna looks back seeing them with a few injuries, but they weren't very deep. She is glad they are here at last. She is glad everything is getting a bit back to normal. Luna looks down to stare at Karla who is looking straight at her. Karla is not smiling or giggling as she is usually "I am thirsty..." Karla softly blurts out of his mouth.

Luna nods caressing Karla's hair. She catches a glimpse of Karla's state. It's obvious she is exhausted. Her lips are broken and dry. Her eyes have cried oceans of sadness. She is not sure what's broken. She is not sure how much pain she feels. Karla and Luna look at each other's as Andy's pack comes out of the clearing and into the pack's backyard. A growl emits from Andy's throat announcing their return. Luna looks up to see JP and company rushing to them. Loreine looks from the stairs steps. She is on the floor the moment she sees Karla. Loreine runs past by JP to be the one to holds her sister; however, Jacob holds her back from seeing her. Loreine screams and cries to Jacob "I need to hold her! move!! SHE IS MY SISTER!" Loreine tries fighting off Jacob in vain.

Luna sees Loreine crying onto Jacob's chest. Karla is moved to a wood bed being held by two Werewolves. She will be transferred to the hospital below the pack's house. Loreine catches a glance of her sister. She burst into painful tears as Karla's body disappears into the house.