Prologue

"What are does things, Joshua!?" I ask him as the horrible screams come through the forest. Joshua looks in the review mirror as he sees a few beasts. He lets a swearing out of his throat. I stare at him, I got scared because he was afraid "They are The Runners. They are one of The Hunters special toys" Joshua mutters as one of The Runners push the Black SUV to the right. Joshua maneuver the SUV not to go into the forest. My heart is beating rapidly "Please, Karla breath in and out" Joshua looks at me smiling holding onto my hand. I nod his way holding onto his hand. He stares straight ahead. I could see he was trying to think ways out of this. I didn't know why I look behind me, but I did look behind.

I couldn't believe my eyes The Runners are dark of skin. They look horribly burn. Joshua makes me look straight ahead "Don't look at them" he quickly tells me.

"Why?" I ask him feeling the need to look behind me once again "You'll get nightmares by looking at them" I smile to myself, he is trying to protect me even in this situation "You'll get out of this alive, Karla. I will not let anything happen to you" I look up at Joshua seeing determination in his eyes.

He flashes a smile to assure me I'll make it "Put your seatbelt on. We are close to Oregon's boarder" I nod as I side glance the streets around us which is cover by snow. When we came out of Clifford's Territory, the streets were cover by snow within minutes. I look at Joshua then it happens. The Black SUV started moving my vision was blurring. In some way or another Joshua slip out of my hands then I lose consciousness.

The only thing I could hear is the faint scream of The Runners...