Chapter 28

I know I do this a lot, but sorry for my absence. I have been having trouble at home and just needed to take a break. But I'm back and ready to write. Sadly this book doesn't have many chapters to go :(

Thank you so much for all you lovely comments, they are always great to look at and read. I hop you enjoy this chapter

~HerondaleBoys~

Chapter 28

Secret POV~

How could this happen... The person I loved the most is dead. Gone. Never coming back. How was I going to get through this? I wanted this person to be with me forever, we could be together for ever, see their smile forever, love them forever.

Not anymore.

It was all Sebastian's fault.

I looked up to see the ongoing battle around me and my friends fighting for their lives. They had no idea, how was I going to tell them.

.

.

.

.

No ones POV~

They stood in between two trees that kept them hidden from the meeting in front of them. They were standing in a field that was surrounded by mountains that kept any Mundanes from seeing what was taking place. Fire that burned on tall torches surround the circle of dark Shadowhunters kept them in the given area, they all surrounded a large stage with a big white circle but placed outside the circle was at least 10-20 bodies, Mundanes? Other Shadowhunters?

No.

They were bodies of angels, their wings had been cut off them and lying on a pile beside them. They were late. He started early and already killed so many.

Jace looked next to the angels and saw a man he never seen before, he seems to have some importance and the way that Magnus changed his stance, it was now obvious that it was Derek, the warlock that was doing all the summoning.

Magnus studied Derek's stance and saw that he was tired they obliviously stopped to give him a break because they would start summoning even stronger angels as it goes.

Standing next to Derek was Sebastian with a grin spread across his face seeing what was in front of him, next to him holding his hands was Clary, her hair was up in a bun and she was wearing a white dress that flowed in the wind.

Jace saw Sebastian lean down and whisper in Clarys ear telling her something that made he crack a smile and laugh.

The group stood and watched as Derek began to make motions with his hands and started shouting words that were muffled from the distances, soon an angel appeared, but not in it tall glory but sitting and shaking in terror. What would have a beautiful angel had turned into a wreck, her long blonde hair that would normally go down her back like silk was all tangled and ruined, her skin was dull and she was shaking covering her head.

"The angels must be feeling each other die and are terrified" Isabelle whispered. They continued to watch as the young angel try to run for her life as the protective barrier around her disappear, but she was stopped by Clary who kneeled down in front of her and placed a hand on the girls arm. "What is she doing?" Isabelle whispered.

That's when Jace saw it just a bit to late, a knife that Clary had in her hand that no one noticed before was thruster into the angels heart. She then twisted it 90 degrees before she pulled it out and wiped it on a small cloth.

The angel looked down at her chest and saw her blood poor out. Then she collapsed, just fell to the floor. The scene before Isabelle brought vomit to her mouth, she wanted to run down and kill every single one of them for killing those beautiful creatures. She turned around to see her friends in shock seeing their friend do something like that, even though it wasn't really her it was still hard to see.

Simon was pacing back and forth and Jace just stood there looking down at the scene before him and she knew instantly what he would be thinking. When they get Clary back she would remember every single thing that happened. She will remember driving that knife into the angel. And knowing Clary, that realisation won't go down very well.

Breathing in and out, in and out Simon slowly calmed down, he thought it would be so difficult to see his best friend to do something like that but it did. It was like finding out that someone you care for was a murder or robber or something, first your in complete shock then you go into denial but then you face the facts, and the facts were that the person who did that was no Clary.

His thoughts were interrupted by Alec "come on, legs go down there and stop this before another dies" he lifted his black hood over his head and went down to the crowed in front of them, they all followed making sure no seriaph swords where showing or they would be given away straight away.

When the group arrived in the crowd Jace checked his phone to see that. Jocelyn had texted him that they were in position. After much fighting the group had come to a agreement to contact the clave about what was happening and they had planned everything together, their group of five would enter first because of their small numbers while other Shadowhunters would surround the scene, when the fight would begin they would enter all Shadowhunters and werewolves.

The Clave had to try hard to get that many wolves to fight again after the battle in the glass city but when they told the wolves Sebastian's plan it didn't take every long for them all to agree eagerly.

The group pushed themselves through to stand next to the stage. Derek was taking another rest, Clary sat on the edge of the stage closest to Isabelle and Jace while Sebastian was spouting off the angels wings. All the blood that surrounded the stage made Simon feel sick and hungry.

"Hurry up warlock, this needs to happen tonight, not next year" Sebastain groaned impatiently. He had finished cutting off the wings and added them to the collect, the angels body laid with the others.

"Well you should have gotten two warlocks to do the work while the other had a break. This much magic weakens us" Derek grumbled.

"Oh stop being a wimp" Clary laughed "it's just a little magic, all your saying is a bit of jibber jabber, then pop an angel!" She lied back on the stage looking at the stars "I want to live under the stars Jonathan"

"We do" he laughed

"But where we live you can't see as many" she pouted, Jace hated the faces she was pulling and he sure hoped that he would never, ever have to see Clary use one of those faces again.

"I'll think about it. Now come on, we are about to do the next one" he reached for Clarys hand pulling her up back onto the stage, leading her to stand next to him.

That's when Jace jumped on stage and grabbed Clary, one arm around her waist the other around her throat with a knife in hand. "Stop right there Sebastian"

"Great you again" Clary sighed, Jace didn't want to put up with any of this annoying Clarys chitta chatta so he pressed he knife against her neck harder, he knew he was hurting his Clary but it was the only way.

Ignoring her he continued "stop this now Sebastian or a lot of innocent lives will be lost"

"And I care why?" He smirked at Jace, and his answer was the signal for all the Shadowhunters and werewolves to come running down to the field.

And the battle begun.