Chapter 20

HEY GUYS! So sorry about the whole MIA thing I've been super busy and will be for the next month, but I will try to update as much as possible, I've just got like heaps of assignments and exams are coming, but thank you so much for reading it means a lot to me. Any way here is the chapter you've been waiting for :)

This chapter is dedicated to all of those who love this story and has been reading from the start or have just started, without you there would be no story

HerondaleBoys~

P.S- it's Jocelyns PoV

P.S.S- it's a super short chapter sorry because as I said I'm super duper busy. Thanks for the support

Chapter 20

Jocelyn~

"What the hell was that Jocelyn?" Luke yelled at her. They had just arrived home after the events of what happened at the institute.

"What do you mean" she asked him going into the kitchen and putting on the kettle.

"Clary has a death sentence and you are just standing planning to do nothing" he yelled again.

"Who do you think i am, a monster. Of course I don't plan to stay still and do nothing"

"Then what about what you said back there"

"I didn't mean any of it" she sighed and looked up at him "look, I love her and always will and I was mad and upset when I found out about what happened, I didn't think about anything. And all I thought was that I had to tell the Council because the last time I didn't... well you know what happened"

"So you told them what happened so you could be on their good side?"

"Luke, this is exactly the reason why I wanted to take Clary out of this world, because it destroys people, brings out the worst in you and makes you blind." She whispered pouring her coffee that she badly needed

"I know" he walked over to her and held her in his arms "it will be okay, we'll get her back"

"And then we'll move far away" she whispered

Luke sighed into her hair "Jocelyn, you can't take her memories again or this will just happen again"

"I know, I won't we could just move somewhere far away and soon she will forget"

"She will never forget, and what about the Lightwoods, Jace, Simon"

"We will figure it out when we get her back" she pulled out of his grasp and took a sip of the coffee, she didn't want to sound like a horrible person but Clary was her baby and she had to keep her safe and this life was not helping