Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four

Jamie paced the floor in his robe and slippers, he enjoyed the time with Sydney but it was getting too late. Eddie and John had left at six, it was now after ten.

"She's got to get home soon, it's almost time for nighttime meds."

"Jamie, she's fine. Didn't the tail you put on her tell you she was?"

"The tail told me she was okay but didn't drink very much, Eddie eats like a horse she has to drink or..." Jamie sighed. Finally John's car pulled up outside...

Jamie waited for what seemed like forever for John to place Eddie in her chair and ride up to the apartment in the elevator. Sydney opened the door then let John say goodnight.

John leaned over to say good bye fully aware of Jamie watching him closely. "I hope you had a good time tonight because I did."

Eddie smiled at him, she did have a good time with him and he showed to be quite the gentleman with her making sure all her needs were covered. "I had a great time," she finally answered. Jamie couldn't' hold back a roll of his eyes seeing how well the two were getting along.

John took Eddie's hand lifting it up to place a kiss raising his eyes to meet hers. A tingling pain throbbed in Eddie's arm from being picked up that was, the nerves were hypersensitive especially when she was tired or had been working the area in therapy. Eddie forced back a wince.

"Hey, let go of her hand! You're hurting her!" Jamie snapped immediately stepping forward and reaching for John's hand to pull him away from Eddie before Sydney could react.

Jamie faced Eddie stalking back towards her his eyes narrowed in anger; that guy hurt her. What else had he done that night when he wasn't there to step in? John quickly took his leave, placing a gentle hand on Eddie's shoulder promising to call her.

"Jamie, he didn't mean it, he forgot. The whole night he did everything great really took care of me."

Shaking his head Jamie made sure she was settled and secure in her room. They had to keep to her medication regimen. She was exhausted, it was plain to anyone with eyes. "I don't like him Eddie he should know better than to take your hand and jerk it up like that! Look how much pain you were in!"

Eddie shifted trying to get comfortable sighing at him. The slight shift sent sharp pains through her whole body Jamie was right about one thing, when her body was aggravated, it had a domino effect.

She cried out as the hot needles shot through her entire body. She couldn't stop a small moan as she prayed this would not spike her pressure and send her into an AD episode. "Jamie, I..Sydney, can you please help me? I am very tired."

Sydney could see Eddie's arm and both legs jerking. She was too tired. "Of course, let's get you all settled."

Jamie stalked to his room while Sydney helped Eddie. "Did you drink anything tonight?"

"Not much, I was too scared that I'd fill the collection bag and it would pop or something. John was really sweet, my steak was cut already...Ooh.."

"What?" Sydney had been holding Eddie dress so she could pull her arms through. "My arm is aching. I was holding it so stiff. I'm sorry, Jamie's so angry at me."

"Jamie I will handle." Eddie found it nearly impossible to lift her arms that night. Sydney secured them around her neck and with the help of Eddie's board and a little baby powder got her into bed, her legs elevated on her wedge. "How's that?"

Eddie smiled, Sydney was trying so hard to help her. Her legs were shaking under the blankets and she had pain in her back. "Good," Eddie lied. "It's good. It felt good tonight to be out but I was a little scared. I kept thinking what if this happened or something else happened..."