Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Chapter 7

We drive in comfortable silence for a while, or as comfortable as it can be when you are in a confined space with a guy as hot as Logan.

"I thought you were going to try to talk to me earlier during my shift?" I can't hide the disappointment in my voice.

"Believe me I wanted to." He takes his eyes from the road and looks briefly at me.

"Why didn't you?" I look through my window, and when he doesn't answer, I immediately regret asking.

"I guess I was shocked to see you there, you know?" He doesn't take his eyes off the road this time. "And I thought you were dating Mark."

"Why does it matter? I told you I just wanted to be friends."

"You are right. It doesn't matter." He sighs and asks for further directions before we both go silent for the rest of the ride.

When we get to my house, I turn to him. "Thanks for driving me home," I murmur, but instead of replying, he gets outs of the car and opens the door for me.

I get out, not really meeting his eyes. "Uh... Ok. I'll-" I can feel him looking at me, but I just can't face him.

"Let me walk you to the door." He doesn't let me finish.

As we get to my door, I'm startled when my dad opens it. "Well, I didn't know you were on a date." He looks tired but I can see his eyes are smiling.

"It's not-" I try to explain but I see he's having none of it when he doesn't let me finish.

"Charles Smith. Olivia's father." He ignores me, offering his hand to Logan.

"Nice to meet you, sir. Logan Lane. Olivia's boss and prospective friend." He looks at me and smiles, his eyes shining with mischief.

"Thanks for-" I turn my attention to Logan, but my father interrupts me, smirking at Logan's comment.

"Aren't you Angelo Lane's grandson? I think your grandfather introduced us a long time ago when you were visiting. He was a great man, I'm so sorry for your loss," Dad says, and I'm shocked to realize I have never met Logan before.

He is the grandson of two very well-known citizens of this city and I've lived here all my life. How have we never met before?

I think Logan is thinking the same thing by the way he looks at me, but he chooses not to comment. Instead, he turns his attention to my father. "Thanks, sir."

My dad smiles at his words. "Just Charles, please." Looking at me, he adds, "Well, Logan, I was just going to have some tea and finish watching the game. Since you and Olivia are not dating or anything, would you like to join me?"

Oh my God! I can't believe he is doing this. He just waits and sees, next time I see Mary, I'm forcing her to invite him to stay at her place overnight.

"I think he has better things to do, dad." I look pointedly at Logan.

"Actually, I did have plans for tonight, but they were canceled last minute." He gives me a big smile.

"Well, so let's get inside." My father opens the door widely.

*****

I have to confess, I'm completely out of place in my own living room. They are engrossed in a conversation about all kinds of sports you can imagine and seem to forget I am here. I'm really considering going to my bedroom but I'm so glad dad is having a good time, and I can't make myself move.

Logan is so charming and funny and really seems to get along with him. They talk and laugh about things my dad seemed no longer interested in, like sports and music, and my heart warms every time I see his eyes light up when Logan says something smart.