Armor

Part 2 of 5
Komaeda watched the brunette as he slept peacefully in the albino's bed. He looked so beautiful when he was at peace. He was such a kind, wonderful person. Why did the worst things happen to the best people?

He ran his fingers through the spiky, brown locks. He reminded Komaeda of a kitten almost, peacefully curled up in a ball. His eyes drifted to the bruises on his face. The on his left cheek didn't look any less purple. The cut he had sustained had stopped bleeding long ago, while the other on his cheek had been disinfected with a band aid slapped on. His injuries easily could've been worse.

He sighed and stood up from his chair, stretching. He peered at the clock again. Midnight. Opening his closet, he began collecting a few blankets for himself. He decided he could either sleep in the guest room or just sleep on the couch, however the couch sounded less comforting.

"...Ko?" A husky, raspy voice yawned. He turned back around. Hinata was sitting up in the bed, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"Hinata-kun," he set the blankets down, quickly making his way to the brunettes side. "How are you feeling?"

He hummed, wincing from the pain. "I'm okay. You don't have to worry."

"You know I can't afford that. I need to worry about you. I mean, look at you!"

Hinata looked at the blanket, ashamed. "I knew I shouldn't have called you." He mumbled, but Komaeda heard.

To say that those words hadn't hurt Komaeda was a lie. It felt like a spear had impaled him. Hinata didn't even want to call him at first, more than likely because he knew Komaeda would worry. He knew that feeling would bother him, until it finally bubbled over and he acted on that feeling.

"So...you didn't even want to call me? You...weren't going to tell me?"

Hinata pulled his legs close to his chest, holding himself in an embrace. "I just... No, I wasn't...going to tell you." He held himself tighter hiding his face from Komaeda. "I was scared... I guess. I don't know Komaeda."

"I can't believe this. You weren't going to tell me that Takeshi has been abusing you? You were going to continue lying to me so you could cover for that sick bastard?!"

Hinata flinched presumably from the volume of his voice. It may have even been because of the fact that Komaeda didn't curse often, however when he did it was when he was upset.

"I'm sorry..."

"Hinata-kun..."

He sighed, sitting beside the brunette. He gently placed his hand into the others arm, his heart prickling when the other visibly winced. "You shouldn't be sorry. I, somewhat, understand your feelings. I know you didn't want me to worry, because, well, you know how I act."

He earned a small chuckle from the slightly shorter male. "Heh, yeah."

He smiled, "Anyway, I'm just disappointed that you lied to me. I just...thought you trusted me."

"I do trust you!" He suddenly shouted, but shrunk down as his confidence wavered. "...I didn't know how you'd react. I've wanted to tell you...I just didn't know how. I'm sorry, really."

He sighed, "This was stupid." He ripped the blankets away and stood up, walking towards the door.

"Hinata-kun!" Komaeda quickly caught his wrist, tightly wrapping his fingers around his cream skin. This is the closest I'll ever get to holding hands with you...

"Komaeda stop. Let me go. Coming here was a mistake." Komaeda tightened his grip. "No, I'm not letting you go."

"Look, I can take care of this myself. I don't need your help."

"You do need my help! You can't fix this on your own Hinata-kun!"

"I'm sorry, but I can't get you involved Ko! You'll get hurt! I don't want you to get hurt because of me!"

Soon after the brunette burst into tears, collapsing to the ground. Komaeda hesitantly wrapped his arms around him, rubbing his back. "Hinata-kun... Please don't cry. I don't want to see you suffer. You're such a wonderful person. I know this isn't the best time to tell you this but..."

He took a deep breath, heartbeat accelerating. "I've known you for fifteen years ever since I was ten. It's been hard to hide it from you, however I've managed. So..." He placed his hand in Hinata's intertwining their fingers together. "Ko...?"

"Hinata-kun," Tears formed in his eyes. "I love you."

--

So for starters, I will apologize for advance if I don't post very many Oneshots in the next three weeks or so, just know, I'm being extremely busy. First off this next week I'm going with my family to a PowWow which is a Native American festival. My dads side of the family is Native American incase you were wondering. Then the week after that I have to begin getting ready for school. I go back Thursday, August 11. (Gonna be an eighth grader, yaaay. Note the sarcasm) Then two weeks I think after that, my birthday is coming up on August 23.

So yeah, I apologize for any late Oneshots. But anyway I love you guys! Thank you for all your support!