Who Am I? (Angst)

He thought he had been over him for a long time. They hadn't spoken for months now. He regretted breaking it off so much. If he could go back in time and fix it, he would. But life didn't work like that. Life was painful to watch the one your heart loves move on and love another. But who was he to stand in the way of the others happiness. If someone could make the other happy and fill in the gaps he had left, who was he to stand in the way.

He missed him so much.

It should make him happy to see the other smile, right?

So why...?

Why was it so hard..?

Why was it hard to smile in front of his ex and his new boyfriend?

Did he still yearn for him from the bottom of his heart?

Was he not over him after all this time?

The world seemed to make fun of him. Everywhere he went only reminded him of his ex. The never ending pain followed him settling into a deep pit in the roots of his heart.

He shouldn't have blamed him for choosing the other over himself...yet who was he to stand in the way of the other males happiness?

He couldn't bring himself to look at any of the photos on his phone. He couldn't handle the regret of letting the other go.

Was there someone better?

Was there someone who could bring him all the love he deserved?

Why did leaving feel so wrong?

He was the one to break it off with him in the first place. So why was he the one to regret it?

He still couldn't move on. The other had collected himself well to find another. To find someone better.

He wanted to take back everything. He just wanted it to be a horrible dream just so he could wake up in the arms of the other.

Why?

Why did everything feel so wrong?

But who was he to stand in the way of the other?

Who was he to stand in the way of the others happiness?

If there was someone that could make him feel perfect, who was he to stand in the way.

He knows that in the future someone would ask if he knew the other. He would fake a smile and say, "I used to."

He could've seen it coming really. After all it really was his fault for the fall out. He was the one to rip the other to shreds and tear apart the relationship. He only had himself to blame really.

He wanted to believe there was no one else that could make him feel so special. He wanted to believe he was the only one for him. But he should have known that there were other people.

Fairy tales made it seem like no matter who you are you would find your happily ever after. But he watched his happily ever after walk out the door. He thought the other would come back, but he was just a fool. A fool who was blinded by his belief that he would come back. But his heart knew better. His heart knew that he wasn't coming back. His happily ever after was leaving him forever.
---
He sighed backing away from his keyboard and running a hand through his cloud. He copied the article and posted it into his column of the newspaper.

"Um sir, you know that you can take a break now right?" His assistant appeared next to him, holding multiple documents placed on top of her clip board. She had her long choppy, purple locks tied back into a ponytail and a timid smile was plastered on her face.

"Yes, thank you Tsumiki. I think I'm done for today though if you don't mind."

"N-No problem sir, I'll inform Kozumi and you're welcome to leave."

He smiled politely at her grabbing his jacket and bag before walking out of the office. He walked down the sidewalk heading over to the cross walk. It was crowded as he waited for the moment when he was able to go across. Once the signal was given, he along with the rest off the crowd started moving.

His hand reached out grabbing someone's wrist suddenly. They both paused. Komaeda was skeptical to look at the person but his curiosity got the better of him. It seemed the other had the same idea as they looked at him as well.

Komaeda's eye widened as he looked at the person. Brunette hair. Olive eyes. It was him. It was his old happily ever after.

"Hajime?"

"Nagito?"
---
Komaeda smiled at the brunette, holding him tightly. "Hajime...I love you so much."

"I love you too, Nagito." He chuckled as white strands of hair tickled his chin.

"Don't ever leave me please?" He whispered into the others ear.

"I won't Nagito, I promise."
---
Komaeda honestly couldn't look at Hinata the same anymore. Hinata had done nothing wrong in their old relationship, yet he had still been abandoned by Komaeda.

They both smiled awkwardly at each other. "So, how's your life been Ko?"

"Fine. Still writing articles for the newspaper. What about you? How's your new relationship going?"

"It's doing well thanks. I mean I just proposed and he said yes, so it's doing really well."

Komaeda felt like he had just been shot through the heart. That was what he had feared all along. Now he knew, his happily ever after was nonexistent. He would never be happy. Because his one true happiness was in the arms of another.

Time would tell when they would meet again. Komaeda's last article was about his old partner Hajime Hinata. But by the time Hinata had read the article and realized everything, it was too late. Hinata wasn't able to try and fix their mistake. Because Komaeda had made it impossible for them to make up. The day the article had been printed into the paper, the following night police found a man who had committed suicide. The only thing they found at the crime scene as a type of letter was a small paper with a few song lyrics written on it.

'But if there is somebody that makes you feel happy, Tends to your heart in the ways I'd been lacking. Then who am I, who am I to stand in your way. To stand in your way. To stand in your way. I won't stand in your way'