16.

Nina

I had put on my strapless dress that fit my tight curves perfectly

I had put on my strapless dress that fit my tight curves perfectly. I wanted to tease Trevor just enough for him to notice me.

I had convinced him to invite me and my 'boyfriend' Bryan with him and his fiancé today for lunch.

So far, everything was going according to plan.

After I applied my pink matte lipstick, Bryan and I were on our way to DeLucas pizza.

After we drove there for about 15 minutes, Bryan opens the door for me and we enter the beautiful restaurant.

"Hello, how many today?" The woman asks.

"Four." I say with a smile.

"Okay, follow me this way."

She leads to our table and we thank her. Now, we just have to wait until they came.

Jamari

"Come on, hurry up Jamari!" Trevor yells.

"Hold on! A girl gotta finesse. Okay? Jesus." I say while taking my brush and applying my highlight to my cheeks.

"Come on baby. You look beautiful without all that makeup anyway."

He helps me up and I smile. "You're cute. Now, let's go."

We head out the door, and head to DeLucas pizza. Lord knows I wanted pizza so bad right now.

About 15 minutes later, we arrived at the restaurant. We could've gotten here earlier, but Trevor doesn't know how to drive.

He helps me out the truck and we walk inside. We tell the waitress who held our table for us, and she guides us to our seats.

As I looked at the girl, I seen that she had long brownish hair with blonde highlights along with a tight tubeless dress that fit her just right.

I was kinda of envious, though. I shook that feeling off and greeted her and her boyfriend.

He was fine, nonetheless.

"Hi, I'm Nina. You must be Jamari." She smiles and shakes my hand politely.

There was something kinda off about her...

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." I smile back.

"Oh, and this is my boyfriend, Bryan." She says.

"Hi." I smile.

"Hi, Jamari. Nice to meet you." He smiles revealing his oh so perfect teeth.

"N-nice to meet you.." I chuckle lightly at my nervousness.

"Well, why don't we sit down shall we?" Trevor says pulling out my chair.

I laugh internally at my awkwardness and sit down in the chair.

Trevor kisses my forehead unexpectedly and I blush a little.

I look through my menu and see what kind of pizza that I wanted.

Nina

Just looking how pregnant that woman is with my man just made my blood absolutely boil.

I've been trying to keep calm and plaster a smile on my face, but it's not working so far.

Since it was awkwardly quiet at the table, I decided to strike up conversation.

"So.. Trevor, what do you do for a living?"

"Well, I work as an engineer at Bob's car shop, and then I also work at Tina's soul food restaurant as a cashier."

What a loser. I thought.

"Oh.. That's nice." I smile. "Bryan works at the Limelight club as a bartender."

"Oh, okay." He smiles a little.

We ordered our food and gave the waitress our menus, and it was awkwardly quiet once again.

"Um.. So, Jamari.. How far along are you? If you don't mind me asking."

"I'm 4 months, with twins."

"Awe that's awesome. Congratulations."

"Thanks." She smiles and sips her water.

Jamari

I have a really bad feeling about this girl. Something about her makes me cringe. She looks crazy too.

I really just wanted to go home because this absolutely sucked. How does Trevor know her anyway?

I decided to ask since it was super awkward once again.

"So, how did you and my Trevor meet, Nina?"
I say while sipping my water through my straw.

"Um.. We met through.. him fixing my car! I was on the shoulder of the highway and all of a sudden my car broke down. And he just so happened to stop for me and help me. It was very sweet of him."

"Aww, that's nice." I say and kiss his cheek.

"I mean, I wasn't going to let her sit on the side of the road."

"Nina, I don't remember you calling me and telling me the car broke down." Bryan says looking dead at Nina.

"Yeah, that's because my phone died, baby." She chuckles lightly.

"If you say so." He shrugs and goes on his phone.

Now, I was really sipping my water. Was this story even true? Was Trevor lying to me?

Trevor

I mentally sighed a breath of relief. Jamari really doesn't need to know what happened between Nina and I. I planned to tell her soon. I just have to find the right time to do it.

I just sat on my phone scrolling through Instagram until our pizza had came.

Hmm... What y'all think? 🤔

I'm going to continue this in the next chapter, and then go to where the real drama starts hehehehehehehehe. 😋😋